cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs skipping in car

dragynmyrlin
Local Performer

I have a 2011 chrysler town and country. when I try and play Pandora through the bluetooth, it skips like someone who's out of range of a cell tower. It's terrible. I tried it with my phone on another car and it worked perfectly so is some kind of connection with the car that's not right. Any suggestions? It's kind of a waste that I can't play Pandora in the car

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Budabytes!

Does this only happen when in your vehicle or outside of the car too?

Are you using the PandoraLink app found in your Subaru's head unit or using the app through your iPhone?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @dragynmyrlin! Sorry to hear about the skipping. 

Can you let me know the following, so I can investigate. 

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  4. Does the same thing happen while connected to USB?
  5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dragynmyrlin
Local Performer

2011 chrysler town and country, original radio, 430 bn I think,. Samsung S20. Version 2101.1 pandora, haven't connected it with usb, not sure what you mean. I do not have android auto. 

0 Kudos

Budabytes
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem. It’s recent... like the past month. Songs are skipping like a scratched record. Stopping and going repeatedly like a radio station with a weak signal. I have an iPhone 7 that I generally play pandora via Bluetooth in my 2021 Subaru Ascent.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Budabytes!

Does this only happen when in your vehicle or outside of the car too?

Are you using the PandoraLink app found in your Subaru's head unit or using the app through your iPhone?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

R1DDLE
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. I have a 2015 VW golf. 

It skips like a scratched CD, stops and skips ahead a few seconds. And randomly pauses between songs and advertisements.

Have a OnePlus 7t. 

Pandora V 2110.1 ( android-tuner 21101001). 

Have cleared cache, uninstalled and cleared data( required signing back in). 

Only happens when connected to car Bluetooth. Other Bluetooth devices and phone speakers are no issue.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @R1DDLE!

It's very odd that it only occurs when connecting to your vehicle. Do you connect to your Golf only by BT or do you use Android Auto via BT? Does the same occur if connected with USB?

Sounds like you've already done some troubleshooting so I've gone ahead and passed the information you provided along to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Thanks for being part of community! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

R1DDLE
Local Performer

So I thought it was just BT but I checked the app store and it seems to be going through android auto. I uninstalled the updated and it has stopped the weird skipping. But it still randomly pauses between songs sometimes. Don't think I have a USB connection in my car, never tried listen via USB. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the update, @R1DDLE. I've updated my report with your latest experience. This is very helpful as we continue to investigate. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos