cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kenwood: Thumbs non functional for first track played

CSS_Tile
Local Performer

Each time I start a new Pandora session using my IPhone 12 iOS 16 (also iOS 15) and Kenwood deck in my truck the thumbs Up / Down function will not allow a selection for the first song played. When selected it momentarily highlights but does not state highlighted confirming the selection. Any subsequent song allows the select toon and the Up / Down symbol is highlighted.  This not a random issue. When using CarPlay the thumbs Up / Down symbols are not displayed at all for  the first song played but display on all subsequent selections. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @CSS_Tile! Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation. Can you let me know the Pandora version on your device(s)?

Can you also share a picture of your experience when this happens? You can include your picture here on community.

Thanks for the help.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

CSS_Tile
Local Performer

The Pandora version is 2302.1-5-5c718de0

• Kenwood Deck –
  • CarPlay – Update – The issue with CarPlay is that it requires two selections to select a Thumbs Up / Down. While driving this is not optimal. I don’t know if Pandora has control over implementation or it’s controlled by Appple CarPlay. It should be a single selection of a thumbs up / down symbol NOT a menu symbol (Circle with 3 lines) so the drive does not have to focus on how to access and select the option while driving. Additionally, the unhighlighted menu symbol is not intuitive that it means a thumbs up / down has already been selected and a highlighted menu symbol means that a thumbs up / down has not yet been selected.

P.S. I received the following email error when I tried to respond to the email that was sent for this issue. 

Undeliverable: Re: Kenwood: Thumbs non functional for first track played

System Administrator

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     Re: Kenwood: Thumbs non functional for first track played

Sent:  2/24/2023 10:14 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'pandora.prod|4c500ec1|0b0099bc-bec0-40d4-a0b7-ad5f64d6e6f6@replybyemail.usw2.prod.hosted.lithcloud.com' on 2/24/2023 10:14 AM

Server error: '550 Administrative prohibition'

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @CSS_Tile Thanks for the update - sorry for the delay, I've been out of office. The videos are incredible helpful, thank you for including them. I've updated my notes to the engineering team about your experience.

I've also passed along your feedback with thumbs on CarPlay to our products team - it's helpful as we make improvements. While I'm not certain how much control we have over the implementation this is very useful.

If you continue to receive the same error when responding to the notification email let me know and I'll start a support inquiry.

Thanks again!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos