cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to start Premium Session

g4rrett380
Local Performer

When I have my iPhone plugged in using CarPlay, everything works fine except that I cannot initialize a premium session. The button that says "Play Song" just does nothing; it won't pull up an ad. If I unhook it, start the session, then replug it in, it works fine and I have the premium features. The issue seems to be centered only around initializing the session.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @g4rrett380! Thanks for posting!

Starting a Premium Access session within your car's audio infotainment system or CarPlay is not a feature due to limitations and safety around the interaction with ads while in the vehicle either with your infotainment system or CarPlay.

You'll need to start a Premium Access session on your mobile device before connecting to your vehicle's infotainment system.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bricemb96
Underground

Any iOS device connected to Apple CarPlay with the Pandora app to listen to music is effected by this bug.

When connected to carplay with pandora app and attempting to watch an advertisement to listen to a song the Pandora app fails to load and play the advertisement and song.

Only way to get around this is to disconnect your device from carplay then go back to play the song and watch video advertisement then reconnect your device to carplay after the video to continue to play the song, very inconvenient.

Please fix ASAP! 

0 Kudos

Houriganll
Local Performer

Yes I’m thinking of switching as well since Pandora will not play premium content in my CRV either. 

I cannot get premium content to play in my car because it will not allow the ad to play first. This is very frustrating. Is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Houriganll - thanks for posting to community!

I merged your messages into a similar post since you're on an iOS device: iOS: Unable to start Premium Session 

Starting a Premium Access session within your car's audio infotainment system or CarPlay is not a feature due to limitations and safety around the interaction with ads while in the vehicle either with the infotainment system or CarPlay.

You'll need to start a Premium Access session on your mobile device before connecting to your vehicle's infotainment system.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Houriganll
Local Performer
Yet Netflix and All other platforms allow this. Also, I cannot do this on my mobile Device before hand. It still does not aloe it. I think I’m going to switch to Apple Music which will allow this. Very disappointed

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

MikeBMI
Local Performer

I had a T-Mobile pandora premium subscription and I made all these playlists. I used to acces them or even get a whole hour free for watching an ad and then it ended and I was going to pay the $4.99 to pandora just to access this feature but in my lexus my Apple CarPlay will not allow me to watch and ad. And it’s easy to say do this befoee you connect your phone but what do you do when your driving for more then an hour and the premium ends. What do they expect us to do pull over every time it happens and disconnect and then reconnect. Isa very disappointing in this day and age that this can’t be fixed. I will be most likely move to Apple Music since it easily works with CarPlay. Just really **ahem**. 

0 Kudos