cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volvo Car - “Connecting” Issue

SciAnima
Underground

The other apps connect fine such as your competitor Spotify. The car app logs in and shows the stations but when you trying to play a station it says “connecting”. It never finishes connecting and does not play any music. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It gives me the same issue

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @SciAnima Thanks for posting to community!

The Pandora integration in your Volvo is powered by a Wi-Fi Hotspot built into your vehicle.

With select new vehicle purchases, Volvo offers a complimentary data plan for this Wi-Fi Hotspot lasting up to 6-months or 3GB (whichever you use up first); however, upon expiration of that complimentary plan owners are required to sign up for a new data plan in order to continue streaming the built-in applications, including Pandora, through the Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Can you please ensure that the Wi-Fi Hotspot is currently active. If not, Volvo Wi-Fi Hotspot plans are available for purchase through AT&T here.

Please note that Pandora is also available for download in the Android and Apple iOS app stores for use on your mobile device. You may be able to stream Pandora from the mobile device to your Volvo vehicle using a Bluetooth connection; please consult your vehicle manual or local Volvo dealer for details regarding Bluetooth availability and device pairing.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

46 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @SciAnima Thanks for posting to community!

The Pandora integration in your Volvo is powered by a Wi-Fi Hotspot built into your vehicle.

With select new vehicle purchases, Volvo offers a complimentary data plan for this Wi-Fi Hotspot lasting up to 6-months or 3GB (whichever you use up first); however, upon expiration of that complimentary plan owners are required to sign up for a new data plan in order to continue streaming the built-in applications, including Pandora, through the Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Can you please ensure that the Wi-Fi Hotspot is currently active. If not, Volvo Wi-Fi Hotspot plans are available for purchase through AT&T here.

Please note that Pandora is also available for download in the Android and Apple iOS app stores for use on your mobile device. You may be able to stream Pandora from the mobile device to your Volvo vehicle using a Bluetooth connection; please consult your vehicle manual or local Volvo dealer for details regarding Bluetooth availability and device pairing.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

View solution in original post

SciAnima
Underground

Vehicle modem is on and working as stated above. All other car apps that require data are functioning correctly. The app has never worked since purchase of the vehicle. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@SciAnima I've asked our User Support team to remove the device association with your Volvo. Let's try reconnecting and trying again. 

You can use this online guide with instructions on how to set up and use Pandora in your Volvo. You'll want to refer to the Connect and Entertain sections on the left-hand side of the page.

0 Kudos

Haakrr
Local Performer

I have a 2020 Volvo xc40.  I'm having the same issue as he is. It will work great for a few weeks then its starts that endless connecting message. I have the paid data service for the modem, I've reinstalled PANDORA several times, reset communications all of that.  I never have an issue with pandora on my phone only the Volvo app.  And ideas would be great.  Harry

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Haakrr thanks for posting and sorry to hear this is happening.

I checked the email associated with your community account and it looks like you might have more than one Pandora account. This account is newly created and has no stations or devices associated. 

I'm going to send you a private message to follow up on any other account you may have. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Kbethel
Local Performer

I have a 2017 Volvo and am having the same issue. Please help

0 Kudos

SciAnima
Underground

I moved on to spotify premium because it does not require a car data plan and it works. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kbethel, thanks for posting and sorry to hear this. 

I've asked our User Support team to remove the device association with your Volvo. Can you please run through the set up process once again. 

Also, can you please ensure that the Wi-Fi Hotspot is currently active.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

RJC
Underground

I'm having the exact same problem with my new Volvo V-60...will connect enough to pull my playlists, bt not enough to play the music...just an endless "connecting" message.  HELP!!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RJC! Thanks for posting.

I've gone ahead and created a ticket for this so our engineers can investigate further.

I've also asked that a trace be enabled on your account. Can you please try and replicate this message in your Volvo for me. Let me know the approximate time/date that you gave it a try.

Also, what year is your Volvo, 2020?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

RJC
Underground

Hi Tanner, thanks for your response.  It's a 2020 Volvo...just leased it a few weeks ago so I've tried using it a few times since then.  The Pandora app would not load...just a "connecting" message.  When I tried it using Apple Car Play, it worked okay, but when I tried to use the Volvo Pandora app, no bueno.  I then deleted the Pandora app and tried to reload, but the new message then said that there was an error on the reload and can't get it back. I think this is more likely a Volvo issue since a different app  called Tune-In has the same problem; it's an internet based radio app.  Let me know if you have any suggestions about what I should discuss with Volvo when I take it in to show it to them. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @RJC thanks for the follow up. 

The Pandora integration in your Volvo is powered by a Wi-Fi Hotspot built into your Volvo.

Usually, Volvo offers a complimentary data plan for this Wi-Fi Hotspot lasting up to 6-months or 3GB. 

I would check on the Hotspot to make sure its connected and working properly. Seems like something went wrong with the set-up, especially since you mentioned that Tune-In is also having an issue. 

Let me know how it goes. 

0 Kudos

Murph1
Local Performer

I don’t have a Volvo; I have a 2017 Mercedes Benz C300 which has been fine

0 Kudos

Joeyharrison
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I know the WiFi hotspot works because I am not having any issues with Spotify. 

Is there a fix for this issue?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @Joeyharrison. Sorry for any trouble.

We are aware of this issue, this is currently being investigated by our engineers and Volvo. I'll add your info to the ticket we have.

Please keep an eye out on this thread, I'll make updates here as they are made available to me. 

0 Kudos

tphendy
Local Performer

I have the same problem with my 2019 Volvo. For roughly the first year Pandora worked fine then all of a sudden everything loads and I can click on a station but then it sits there saying connecting.  Volvo is saying it is your problem.  I know other people who have volvos and do not experience this problem.  Spotify works fine in my car.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tphendy, thanks for posting. I moved your message over to a more related post (2020 Volvo Car App “Connecting” issue) since you also mention a connection problem in your vehicle. 

We are aware of this issue and are currently working with Volvo to investigate the problem. 

Can you please confirm that the hotspot integration in your Volvo is active and connected properly? In the meantime, I will add your info to our ticket for this. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

ghp60
Local Performer

I have the same problem with the same car. 2020 Volvo XC 60.The Pandora app would load and all I get is "connecting" message.  My Tune-In works fine.  Is there a fix for this yet? I see it's been going on for a while.  Thank you

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting your experience @ghp60! Sorry for any trouble.

We're working with Volvo on this issue. In the meantime, I've added your info to our ticket. Keep an eye out in this thread, I'll be making updates here as they are made available to me. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos