cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volvo Car - “Connecting” Issue

SciAnima
Underground

The other apps connect fine such as your competitor Spotify. The car app logs in and shows the stations but when you trying to play a station it says “connecting”. It never finishes connecting and does not play any music. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It gives me the same issue

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
46 Replies

RJC
Underground

Hey Tanner:  So, a little update.  The Volvo hotspot is working...Pandora will open, I can log in and my playlists will come up...HOWEVER, there is no sound.  It will show what song is playing, but no music whatsoever.  I have the same problem with another app called Tune-In (it's a worldwide radio app)...for some reason, these music apps simply do not play music.  All of the other Volvo apps are working fine, except for Pandora and Tune-In....can ya help a brother out here????  Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @RJC - thanks for following up!

I've created a report for this. I'll add your info to the ticket that is currently open. Our engineers have reached out to Volvo for additional help with their investigation. 

I'll post updates in this thread when they're made available to me. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

RJC
Underground

Hey Tanner:  We figured out the issue; the P-Sim card in my Volvo had not been properly registered.  Apparently, there are two sim cards...one that handles low data flow transmissions (forgot what it was called), an the p-sim module that handles higher data flow applications.  That is the reason that Pandora would let me log in, show me my stations and show what song was playing, even though I couldn't hear anything.  Once we got the p-sim properly registered, we had lift-off on both Pandora and the Tune-In app.  So, all's well that ends well, and thanks for your help. Hopefully this information might also be helpful for your engineers and others having a "sim"-ilar problem. 

TannerPandora

Hey @RJC! Glad to hear it's working again. 🎉

Thanks for sharing this valuable info! This will be very useful for helping other listeners who may be experiencing this as well. 

Thanks again for the share, have a great Friday!

0 Kudos

LAS74
Local Performer

Just bought a new 2020 S60. Same problem. My playlist appears, but no music. Only "connecting".

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Murph1 - thanks for posting your experience. 

We have an open ticket for this issue with Volvo. I've gone ahead and added your info to this ticket.  Our engineering team has been in contact with Volvo to investigate. 

The Pandora integration in your Volvo is powered by a Wi-Fi Hotspot built into your vehicle. Can you confirm that the hotspot is active?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

LAS74
Local Performer

I already responded, regarding my new 2020 volvo, that my collection appears, a song appears, but it won't play. Just "connecting". What is the next step?

0 Kudos

Scherry12
Local Performer

This problem is not solved. I bought a brand new 2021 xc40, have 6 months of internet service complimentary, and my psim card is properly activated. Please fix this issue 

0 Kudos

Donalc
Underground

I am also having the same problem with 2019 XC60. Working fine then get the "connecting" issue. I have the paid att data plan

0 Kudos

Adb
Local Performer

My 2021 Volvo XC60 will not play Pandora, it just says connecting continuously. 

Help!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Adb! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Volvo Car - “Connecting” Issue 

The Pandora integration in your Volvo is powered by a Wi-Fi Hotspot built into your vehicle. Can you please ensure that this Wi-Fi hotspot is currently active and working properly. 

Let me know. 

0 Kudos

Donalc
Underground

@TannerPandora I posted same issue on 10/3. Can I please get my account reset so I can get Pandora back? Thanks. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Donalc! Thanks for posting. Sorry I missed your earlier message. 😓

Can you let me know what you mean by reset? Did you want me to remove the device association so you can log back in or a password reset for your account?

Let me know. 

0 Kudos

Donalc
Underground

Thanks @TannerPandora. I think removing the device association. That seems to work for people. Thanks! 

TannerPandora

Let's give it a go @Donalc!

I've removed the Volvo association with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. This may not happen instantaneously so please be patient. 

Let me know how it goes and if you're still having trouble. 👍🏻

0 Kudos

Ezatnova
Local Performer

Same issue for me. 2016 XC90. Issue has been going on for months, if not years.  Internet is connected fine in the car. 

0 Kudos

Donalc
Underground

Hi @TannerPandora. The app made me sign in again, but unfortunately I'm still having the same issue - stuck on connecting. What else can we try? I've been living with this for months so hoping to get it resolved. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Donalc! Thanks for trying and sorry to hear that didn't help. 

Unfortunately, our troubleshooting is limited since the Volvo integrated app is designed and implemented by Volvo. Our engineers have been working with Volvo to help resolve this. 

While I understand this is not an ideal resolution, for now, I would recommend listening to Pandora via your mobile device either through bluetooth or Carplay/Android Auto.

Sorry again for any frustration this has caused. 

0 Kudos

zitsky
Underground

Did your issue get resolved?  Is this still a problem?

0 Kudos

lulala
Local Performer

Hi RJC:  I am having the sample problem in MY17 Volvo.  Could you share the link or show us how to properly register the sim cards please?

0 Kudos