cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volvo Integrated App: Does Not Connect to Pandora

Finchfry
Local Performer

Same issue.  2019 Volvo S60.  Data plan works (Spotify works fine).  Pandora does not.  Logs in and shows playlist, but stays on "connecting" when trying to play a song.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
43 Replies

nmaloney01
Local Performer

Hi,

I have the same issue on a 2017 Volvo S60. I connect using the WIFI Hotspot via my phone. Pandora tries to connect after a few minutes plays for a few seconds the tries to connect again. It worked fine for a couple of years.

Oddly: If I leave the app in the "connecting" state by selecting the My Car button in the Volvo Sensus system Pandora does connect and plays! I cannot change the station though.

If some one can check my account and the association with the car I'd appreciate it.

This thread has been open for a long time, is it still being work on?

Please help.

Thanks.

TannerPandora

Hi @Finchfry and @nmaloney01! Thanks for posting your experience to community!

This is a new issue that we are investigating with the help of Volvo. I've added your info to our ticket for this and will make updates as they are made available to me. 

Thanks for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Caliaap
Local Performer

Is there a solution? I have a 2021 XC90 and I am having the same “connecting” issue. 

pattin
Local Performer

I just bought a 2021 Volvo XC 60 and I'm having the same issue. It seems like it should be corrected by now. I have Pandora premium and I don't want to switch to Spotify but this is frustrating. Has a solution been found?

Lekealluns
Local Performer

Same issue with both my 2016 V60 and 2018 XC 90.  No solution for over 1 year..  Like others.. maybe I'm forced to switch to spotify.

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for letting us know your experience. 

To clarify, there was a similar connection issue previously that had been resolved. However, we've received new reports on a connection issue within Volvo. Since the Volvo integrated Pandora app is implemented by Volvo, we are working with them to further investigate. 

I'll be posting updates in this thread when information is made available to me. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Mark78
Local Performer

Not connecting to pandora 2020 xc 60 volvo connected yesterday no problems today just spins and nothing

Billiespatterso
Local Performer

I just downloaded the app in my Volvo and it never connects. I can see my stations and what's playing on the station but you can't actually play it. Any solutions yet?

henry6605
Local Performer

I just bought a 2021 XC60 a month ago. Tried to listen to Pandora and even when it seems to connect and shows all my stations and playing artist, you can not hear anything. I have gone over all audio settings and more but still can not hear anything........ Weird!!!

Local Performer

When will the Pandora App be fixed so I can listen to it in my Volvo XC60

JeremyRyan813
Local Performer

Issue seems to remain unresolved as I just purchased a 2021 S60 and I can't get the Pandora app to connect to the internet through my phone (Bluetooth or hot spot). Interestingly, the service will play when connected to my home Wi-Fi, i.e. when I'm sitting in the driveway. 

karen22
Underground

Good evening,

The app crash in my 2019 Volvo XC40 in which it crash at least three times and cut off my vehicle that lead for the vehicle to restart on its on. This is unacceptable that an app crashes the computer system in Volvo cars.

Thanks!

Karen

GWG
Underground

I have a new 2022 Volvo S60, and I have the same problem.  Pandora connects to all my stations, and shows me what's playing, but I can not hear anything!!  It just says "Connecting" forever.  Is there a solution to this?  Who is responsible?  Volvo or Pandora.  Also seem to have connection errors on another on-board app, Tune-In.

ATTLES
Local Performer

I have a new 2022 Volvo XC90, and I have the same problem.  Pandora connects to all my stations, and shows me what's playing, but I can not hear anything!!  It just says "Connecting" forever.  Is there a solution to this?  Who is responsible?  Volvo or Pandora.  Also seem to have connection errors on another on-board app, Tune-In.

icedcorn
Local Performer

At the risk of saying me too...me too! 2022 S60 here. 

0 Kudos

Lisane24
Local Performer

I have the same problem only thing that works is Sirius. Why is the service so bad and no one replies and offers advice. Why isn't this fixed yet? I have my car a year now and Pandora has never worked. Ridiculous. These cars a re not cheap to have the apps not work lie this is deplorable. 

0 Kudos

dreamsystems
Local Performer

Hello???!!!  Fix it already

0 Kudos

Bvaughn
Local Performer

I had the same thing happen. The Pandora app caused the entire computer system to crash -while I was in motion- and shut the car off and restarted it. Super scary. Now, the Pandora app just says unknown error and I can’t even uninstall it. It’s just stuck. 

0 Kudos

Sgcarp
Local Performer

I have had the same issue with the center console shutting down while driving and had to go to Volvo for a software reset. Twice. 

but I’m also having the Pandora only issue for the last two days. It has worked fine up to this point. 

0 Kudos