cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When listening in my car I can not skip to the next song on my playlist.

Etohprn
Local Performer

Hello, I hope I am able to explain my issue properly.... When I am listening to just a single playlist (I created) in my car via Bluetooth, I can not skip to the next song. When I press the button on my steering wheel to skip to the next song it does nothing. If attempt to press the " >" arrow from the app itself it will then play the song I was listening to AND the next song picked by shuffle. If I hit > again, from the app, it will play 3 songs and so on. I have not always had this problem. I did get a new phone recently but the vehicle I'm listening in is the same. The shuffle allows me to skip when not listening in the car. IDK if the problem lies within the new phone, the car, the Bluetooth or the app itself. I have had Pandora premium for long time and have never had issues before. I hope this made sense. Thank You.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Etohprn thanks for posting to community! 

I'd like to gather a little more info from you...

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?

2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?

3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

4. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Let me know and I'll be happy to follow up.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

tomiles
Local Performer

I have the same problem. Pandora skip used to work wtih my 2010 mazda 3 steering wheel controls. Now it doesn't. Buttons on steering wheel still work for CDs and other apps. Was in a 2019 Mazda CX5 and guess what.. it works with the new car...

Seems pandora says if you dont drive a fancy car, you can go **ahem** yourself and ACTUALLY removed this function for older cars... 2010? peasant, **ahem** off

0 Kudos

tomiles
Local Performer

Wanna skip a song while driving? Go ahead and stop paying attention to traffic, unlock phone, you messed up try and unlock it again this time take your eyes completely off the road, minimize map, pull up app wheel, select pandora, wait for it to sync up to what youre doing, then skip... Way better thanks pandora for downgrading something that was fine until recently 

mod edit: format

0 Kudos