cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wont play in car any more

Odellsloans1960
Local Performer

My pandora wont play in my car any more, I get a message on car screen stating pandora error. What can I do to correct this error so I can play in car again

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Odellsloans1960 Thanks for posting to community! Could you provide the following information so I can investigate?

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?

2. If you have an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?

3. What is the make and model of your phone? Also, can you tell me the Pandora app version (let me know if you need help finding that)?

4. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, Aux)

5. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?

Let me know and I'll be happy to follow up.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JDGreen
Local Performer

Hello Tanner,

I have connected Pandora to my 2015 Lexus RX450h audio system using Bluetooth.  The songs play but do not advance, I have to manually advance to the next song.  Can you help?

Thank you, JDGreen

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JDGreen, thanks for posting!

Since you're connected via bluetooth have you noticed this happening with any other bluetooth devices?

In the meantime, I'd first recommend repairing the bluetooth connection between your car and phone.

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

If you've already tried this or if it didn't work, I would then recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling Pandora. 

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app.  If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let me know.

Let me know how it goes. 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ksyarh
Local Performer

my car is 2022 Subaru Crosstrek - I have an Iphone 11 and I have Apple Car Play

0 Kudos

robertapyle
Local Performer

I am also having this problem, I have a 2019 Hyundai Kona, it does have android auto, but I generally just open the app, version 2205.1.1, but for the last two weeks it will connect, the songs will show on my touch screen, but no sound comes out.  Everything else connects and plays.  I have Pandora premium, to play while driving, so if it is no longer going to work, I'll close my account and switch to something that does work.  My phone is a Motorola one 5g running android 11.  I have tried forgetting the phone in the Kona, deleted the app and reinstalled it.  Neither worked.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @robertapyle! Welcome to community.

Pandora is available on the 2019 Hyundai Kona either through PandoraLink, Android Auto and a Bluetooth connection. Can you confirm how you're connecting to your vehicle.

When you say you open the app, are you opening Pandora on your phone or through your car's entertainment system?

If you open Pandora on your phone, does the same experience happen when you connect to Android Auto and try to play Pandora there?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

esbernard
Underground
I deleted the app and reinstalled it. That worked.

abiet
Local Performer

I have a 2018 jeep wrangler. it used to work fine and now sound wont come out anymore. the phone and other things work fine so its for sure pandora.

i have tried everything, disconnect and reconnect the pairing..uninstall and reinstall app. etc etc.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @abiet. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Looks like you've already been in touch with a member of our team via email. Someone will get back to you soon to help out with your issue. Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Kitkatrock
Local Performer

My pandora quit playing in my 21 GMC Sierra. I’m really frustrated, I had the dealership try and no luck so it has to be pandora itself.

0 Kudos