cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connectivity issues in 2012 Honda Accord

MrLee
Underground

Hope everyone is staying safe. Forever on any samsung phone now my S9. The phone pairs fine but Pandora won't connect (honda accord 2013). or disconnect when playing. any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @MrLee! Thanks for posting to community! I've literally just been at home for the past 2 weeks, I've only left to walk my dog. Crazy times uh!

Have a couple of questions for you:

• Is this the factory audio system or if it's an aftermarket stereo, what is the make and model of that device?
  • Is your phone connected via bluetooth only or USB as well?
  • Do you get any type of error message? If you do, can you let me know what it says?

In the meantime, I'd like to start with some standard support for your Android.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):
  1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

You will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

If you have trouble signing back in, just let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MrLee
Underground

Hi Tanner,

thanks for reaching out. Work sent us home Wed for two weeks. I chose to use the time as PTO. Please be safe out there. Hopefully this will be gone soon and our once in a lifetime event.

The audio system is factory, Honda (no nav) 2013.

I connect via blue tooth Samsung s9 (my s4/s5 same problems)

The error message in the car audio system can not connect to Pandora please check or something like that.

And the new problem if it does connect it will cut out.

I have reinstalled the app and cleared data a few times (I don't recall if it asked me to log back in).

Have a great afternoon, Lee

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thank you! 😄I've been lucky enough to work from home during this time @MrLee. I'm with you, I hope it will be gone soon, the impact on our lives with be felt for a long while to come. 

Have you noticed any disruptions when connecting your phone to other devices with bluetooth, such as a speaker?

I took a quick look at your device associations and I'm not seeing a new connection with your phone recently. The most recent connection was a GTV on 3/24/2020.

Would you mind trying the steps once more - you should be logged out if the steps were done correctly. 

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MrLee
Underground

Back in to 90s it was dubbed telecommute. You can do with your phone then my 1st computer.  Comp u add 286 16 mhz and the hd was 80mb. I'll give it a try tomorrow when I head out for a bit. Stay safe. Sincerely, Lee

MrLee
Underground

Good morning. If I launch the app when getting into the car that will usually have it pair up as it did this morning. However after driving away it disconnected and said no data (wifi off and no restrictions on data). I'm sure Honda has firmware up dates but don't know how to get them and install them. Overall I'll probably jut delete Pandora and go to free xm for 3 months and then retry Pandora. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MrLee - From your latest post it sounds like cellular connection may have been turned off for Pandora.

Pandora needs an active cellular connection in order to work. Let's check the settings on your Android. 

Please try the following steps from your Android mobile phone:

• Go to your Android Settings.
  • Tap on Network & Internet, then tap Data Usage off and back on.
  • Finally, ensure Mobile Data is toggled on.

Hope that helps.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos