cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CarPlay: Pandora automatically launches

dpnelson
Underground

This did not work for me. It still opens up constantly. Upon connecting, then upon closing the app. It won't go away. I have unchecked "Enable Launch from Car" under "BluetoothDevices" in the Advanced Settings. What now?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
51 Replies

Kwish17
Local Performer

Same issue. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee . iOS 15.1 will cancel subscription. 

morettina98
Local Performer

Same issue here. IOS 15.1, Pandora 2110.1, Subaru 2019 Outback with Starlink

This only started a few months ago when the Subaru dealer updated the Starlink software on my car. When I read about it at the time, I saw the suggestion to make sure that Enable Launch from Car was turned off (which seems to only refer to Bluetooth), but I did that and it stopped.  Suddenly last week, Pandora has decided again to keep starting every time I connect my phone to the car via USB. We went on a trip and needed to connect for navigation purposes and no matter what I did, Pandora kept opening constantly even though I was listening to Spotify. I use Pandora for different types of music than Spotify, but if this keeps up. I'll just delete the darn app. It's insanely frustrating and obviously a Pandora problem since I see other vehicle types have the same problem.

rseibel35
Local Performer

2021 Subaru Crosstrek. 2020 iPhone SE w/ iOS 15.2. Pandora v. 2110.1.1. Subaru requires connection via USB port in car to connect to CarPlay. Enable Launch From Car is turned off.  Yet Pandora opens automatically and won’t close. 

I assume Pandora either doesn’t care about the issue or doesn’t employ anyone competent enough to solve the problem since Pandora has done nothing to fix the problem. This is THE ONLY app I have with this issue.

It’s just about time to delete Pandora. 

klwarrick
Local Performer

I am also currently having this issue. I just updated the software in my vehicle recently as well.

iOS version: 15.2

Pandora version: 2110.1.1

Vehicle Info: 2019 Subaru Outback

It definitely sounds like it is a vehicle software issue but I hope it gets fixed soon!!

beccsxo
Local Performer

I just got a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee L and am having the same issue. I disabled the Bluetooth setting in pandora and it still auto starts when connected to CarPlay. 

cal25dogs
Local Performer

Same issue 2019 Outback, ios 15.1.1

Almost got us into an accident trying to see map when detoured in Milwaukee on Spaghetti Junction (hubz was driving).

This is a safety issue

minaman
Local Performer

This is an issue for me as well, once there is a fix, I'll redownload Pandora as it is my favorite music app, but until it is fixed I had to uninstall it.  Looks like iOS 15 is causing the same issue, still waiting for a fix.  

hljohnson1016
Local Performer

The same thing happens to me. I’ve made sure my iPhone is updated, changed the settings inPandora on my phone, and it still forces the app to open. 

2021 Crosstrek Sport

ios 15.1

Updated pandora app

Moderator Edit: Merged post

Bukweat187
Local Performer

2019 Forester. Same issue. I’m resigning that it’ll never be fixed and Pandora no longer cares about a solution. Looks like I have to figure out how to use Spotify

2019 Subaru Forester Sport. Issue has been happening for over a year. Support doesn’t even respond any more. I have all updates downloaded to the vehicles software and have iOS15.2.1 on my phone. I’m more than a little over it. I’ve been a Pandora customer for at least 13 years. But I am switching to Spotify because this issue has annoyed me for too long. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

buckrog1
Local Performer

I have same issue  SUPER annoying and may make me drop Pandora

Keregi
Local Performer

Same issue for me. 2022 Subaru Outback.  iPhone Xs, iOS 15.3.1 

As soon as I plug my phone into the USB, Pandora takes over.  I can't close the app.  When I try, it just opens right back up.  It even hijacks other apps when I try to open them.  Incredibly annoying and it's clearly been a known issue for years.  If there isn't a resolution soon I will delete the app.

Chucks4
Local Performer

How do you stop pandora from launching every time you go into Apple play

Dellfale
Local Performer

Same issue as all of the above. Very annoying and I’ve stopped using pandora in my car. Pandora, please address this. I am going to cancel my subscription!

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Dellfale. 👋

Sorry for any trouble. I completely understand your frustration.

Can you confirm that the Launch from car* setting is disabled on your phone?

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth Devices make sure Launch from car is disabled

For now, please try disabling the setting and let me know if it helps. If you continue to have trouble, reply to this email with the following information:

• iOS version (Settings > General > About > Version):
  • Pandora version (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen):
  • Make, model, and year of your car:
  • Make and model of the aftermarket stereo you are using (if any).

Keep in mind that with the Launch from car feature disabled, you'll have to launch Pandora on your phone before you connect your phone to your car via USB or Bluetooth.

Let me know what you find.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law."

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

dannythemcc
Local Performer

Same here. Super annoying. It’s like Pandora overrides my phone, but only when I’m in the car. Aggressive is a great word for it.

iOS: 15.5

Pandora: 2205.1

Car: 2021 Subaru CrossTrek

JAWRVA
Local Performer

The Pandora moderator seems to be missing the point.  CarPlay requires a USB connection from the iPhone to the car (for the vast majority of users, a few cars allow Bluetooth connection).  So disabling startup via Bluetooth is irrelevant.   We need an option to disable startup via USB.  

armandhammer
Underground

Same problem here.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16.0, latest Pandora updates, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek also with latest infotainment firmware.

This is really, really annoying. And further proves that despite feedback in this forum, Pandora hardly ever fixes the issues that we report. It's like this company is held together by shoestrings. Pandora used to be a much better experience 10 years ago -- amazing how they continue to make the app worse.

engineer5629
Local Performer

having the same issue. Every time I plug my phone into the car Pandora takes over. I've followed all the steps and disabled Launch from car. this happens regardless if it is on Bluetooth or plugged in directly. Currently I've deleted the app until it is resolved.

MichselPence
Local Performer

IOS v 15.7 (Iphone 13 mini)

Pandora v 2210.2

2020 Subaru Forester with stock stereo

I can’t believe that after more than a year since the first post on this thread, this is still a problem that has not been fixed.

I’m about to delete my Pandora account, because it just takes over and I can’t close Pandora on my phone if plugged into Apple CarPlay. All I can do is launch Sirius XM and let Pandora stay in the background

Deyannira
Local Performer

Troubleshooting this same issue with my new 2020 forester. I plug in my phone to enable apple car play and even if I have not opened the app Pandora will open, start playing and will not allow me to close the app. I can stop the playback and start playback on the app I would like to use but if I try to force close the Pandora app it will NOT close. 

Under the advanced settings I have disabled the "auto-connect" feature and it still does happens. It is very frustrating. Especially when trying to look online and see that this has been going on for years.