cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 16: Pandora buffers in vehicle

hashmobile
Local Performer

Hi, I listen to Pandora in the car all the time. I just changed phones and repaired but Pandora will not connect. Just sits there and won't play.  I have closed the app and restarted but still won't play. Not sure what else to do. So right now paying for prem and not able to listen in the car.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @hashmobile! Welcome to community.

Could you provide the following information so I can take a closer look?

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. Are you using an aftermarket stereo? If so, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone?
  4. Which Pandora app version are you on? (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  5. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, AUX)
  6. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  7. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Let me know.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

hashmobile
Local Performer
If I uninstall and reinstall it works but then stops again another trip. Not sure what the issue is.
Kathy

Sent from my iPhone Kathy Hash Escape Travel USA
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @hashmobile

Happy to take a closer look. Can you let me know the answers to questions posted above?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

hashmobile
Local Performer

I sent all that last time and never heard back. 
2014 Chrysler 300C factory radio. 
using via Bluetooth UConnect as like always 

I phone 14 

I have pandora $5.00 a month listennincar or online  

just says buffering your station will be right back  even when not in car won’t play  only thing that works is to uninstall and re download works but then stops again  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @hashmobile!

Looking through this thread I don't see a response. Your post may not have come through.

Does this only happen when connected to the car or when playing Pandora in other areas like work or home?

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation. Can you confirm the Pandora version you're on and your iOS? If you need helping finding this, let me know.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Shastep
Local Performer

For the last 3 days Pandora will get stuck after playing 1 song in my car.  It says buffering, poor connection, or will be grayed out. I have full bars on my phone and I’m in the city.  I have never had a problem like this before.  I’m to the point of canceling my subscription. My iPhone 12 is updated and my car is a 2021 Jeep, so it’s not old technology.  Any suggestions before I cancel?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Shastep 👋

Thanks for posting and being a part of the Community.

I moved your original post to our Automotive space on an existing thread under iOS 16: Pandora buffers.

Could you provide the following information so we can take a closer look?

1. What is the make, model and year of your vehicle?
  2. Are you using an aftermarket stereo? If so, what is the make and model of that device?
  3. What is the make and model of your phone?
  4. Which Pandora app version are you on? (let me know if you need help finding that)?
  5. How is your smartphone connected to your car? (Bluetooth, USB, AUX)
  6. Is your vehicle equipped with Android Auto or Apple CarPlay?
  7. Have you experienced this issue only when in the car, or also when listening on your phone outside the car?

Let me know.

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

hashmobile
Local Performer

Sorry, I have sent that many times and never got help. It finally started working for the most part.
Kathy

Moderator Edit: Format

++

I had good luck removing app and re installing. I did that mutilple times and finally took I guess. Sometimes mine still stops, but will restart when I shut off car and restart. Mine finally started working right. Mine was showing buffering as well.

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

Shastep
Local Performer

I have a 2021 Jeep grand Cherokee

Factory stereo

iPhone 12 Pro Max

pandora 2210.2

Connected Bluetooth but also tried with USB

my car has Apple car play. Tried with that and just regular Bluetooth 

only happens when not connected to wifi, but I have unlimited data and I have a string cell signal.

0 Kudos