cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Discoveries

love2beforgiven
Local Performer

greetings

i was wondering about who(m) artists u stumbled upon this year? for me, i happened to discover Pomplamoose on YouTube. indie pop with intelligence, wit, high degree of musicality, and a bit of sex appeal by Nataly Dawn. she sings a few songs en Francais. Phoebe Bridgers is another female songwriter to listen to. kinda dark and fascinating. 2021 should be an improvement or so it be.

Always,

Jt 

Memory Place.jpg

'i know nothing else, therefore i am not":
5 Replies

@love2beforgiven  thank you for sharing, I will give this a look see. As for me, I was introduced to a fabulous female artist I not heard of. @AlyssaPandora  introduced me to Freya Ridings, here is her link    00602577537288_1080W_1080H.jpg  https://pandora.app.link/KWI1yIfEccb  , and upon her discovery I was able to find another,   886445962987_1080W_1080H.jpg  https://pandora.app.link/aSOuE5nEccb , well I hope you like them. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

BigDaddy66426
Opening Act

One of the best things about music is the discovery of a new band that happens to play your favorite genre. You think you know about every band there is, at least the top groups, when all of a sudden one of the suggestions given not only impresses but becomes your new favorite artist. I listen to a lot of Metal, and Hard Rock, and there are tons of groups I don't know of, or just never give a chance.  As I was listening to Zakk Wyldes' Black Label Societys' new release( new to me ) Pandora suggested an artist that I have seen a video for, and that was the extent of my experience. The band is Mustasch from Norway. They are not new to the Metal scene, just not played as much, which I don't understand. They have been around over 20 years, and pretty much kick **ahem**.  No Metal playlist will be made without them. Last year it was The Winery Dogs, now broken up. Take a chance on something new, it may be that treasure you've been looking for.

@BigDaddy66426  great post about the info you shared with this band. If you would like to request some of your favorites from this band, I would be more than happy to add your favorites to the GSOTD post and playlist. I will also make mention of you as well for being the requestee. Have a great day, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice, @BigDaddy66426 👍

Thank you for sharing that. I personally love discovering new music (to me) as well. 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

BigDaddy66426
Opening Act

As a Sound Engineer I use and NEED music to build the speakers I design, and new music keeps people like me on their toes, and current. For me the louder and heavier, the better. I push the envelope to its tearing edge. So when a new to me group comes along,I have to stand back and ask myself "Is that the best you can do?" I wipe the chalk board clean everyday. So thank you.