cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food For Thought!

I just got done looking over Rolling Stone "All Time Playlist" for the top 500 songs of all time. I am not sure who put's that playlist together, but one thing is for certain, they messed that list up. Alicia Keys did not make the list, a 14 time Grammy Award winner. My favorite artist also did not make the list with her song "Foolish Games." "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me" ranked at number 15 on Billboard's All Time Top 100 and held the record in the Guinness Book of World Records for longest chart run of a single for "Foolish Games"/"You Were Meant for Me", which charted for 65 weeks. This record was later surpassed by "How Do I Live" by LeAnn Rimes in 1997 and 1998 with 69 weeks, and "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz in 2008 and 2009 with 76 weeks. Jewel was also nominated for Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for this song. How could this be missed by such an influential Music Magazine? The artist that had surpassed Jewel, they also did not make the list. 

Can someone say "Sleepyhead Rolling Stone." Any way, just my food for thought. Take care and stay safe.  

P.S I also forgot to mention some other fascinating facts. Not one song from Van Halen, who held album of the year in 1984. Pearl Jam was also left off the list, considering they were one of thee top groups for the whole 1990's decade. Madonna, Whitney Houston excluded from this list, this is just Pop, and Rock. Not one song from Loretta Lynn, or Emmylou Harris. What a travesty for these artist to be excluded, especially when you see the others who are on it, with the songs of choice as the all time 500 list. I am truly puzzled, as I am sure many of you will be as well. If anything, this has the making of a good conversation piece. Take care and stay safe.   

MOHLovesAlaska
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @MOHLovesAlaska. 👋

I haven't had a chance to check out this list yet. To some, creating a great album is becoming a lost art these days. It also looks like more than 300 journalists, artists, and industry folks voted in order to compile this list. Very interesting.  

Thanks for letting us know about this. I'll definitely have to take a look. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024