Good Music for Depression + Anxiety

ineedhelp777
Local Performer

I am sick of my life

Tags (2)
25 Replies

leahtanguy527
Underground

When I'm depressed, I like to listen to Lund. If I want to cheer myself up, I'll listen to 90's R&B. But that's just me. Lol. I hope you start feeling better soon. Just remember, life is what we make it and if you're not happy with your life, you're the only one who can change it! 😁

Speedcuber
Diamond in the Rough

As someone who is also depressed I can say the album poems of the past by powfu is perfect for depression. 

ErosEternal
Underground

I have found Chakra healing Music to be especially enlightening.   I often use it as a background to lighten my stress.  However, it is really powerful in Meditation.  

0 Kudos

raidersontime7
Underground
I hear you man but myself I don't get depressed you know me and I don't I
don't try to get inside of my head and I just go with the flow and know
that God's going to put me exactly where I need to be you know what I mean
you know it doesn't mean that I don't have any bad days but my bad days are
less than anything else because I try to make everything a positive instead
of a negative you feel me
0 Kudos

Ronnie3
Local Performer

Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings, a 30-minute four-movement suite for string orchestra. Uplifting and upbeat.

Chet Atkins and Les Paul: "Chester and Lester". Two of the greatest 20th century guitar virtuosos play a variety of selections together, in a spontaneous style. This is life-giving music!

Sammy Davis Jr., "The Candy Man" from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. "Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew, Cover it with chocolate and a miracle or two?"  This is life-giving music and fun, with a dose of nostalgia included. You might experience tears of joy while playing this....

Ray Stevens: "Everything is Beautiful" This song dates from 1970 and celebrates the simple beauty of life.  This might also bring tears of joy, it's very life-affirming. 

@Ronnie3 Great choices...I would even go out on a limb and say that older music including classical has a greater uplifting for the soul than more of the modern style of music does...

Take care and GOD bless...

MOHLovesAlaska