cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If You Could Only Listen To One Era of Music? What would it be?

TexasRetroGuy
Underground

I was a teen throughout the 70's and love 70's music. So many good memories. That is my choice. Thank you for responding. I appreciate your time. Curiosity is killing me : ) Theoretical Question.

Example: Foghat, Deep Purple, Humble Pie, Rush,  Lynyrd Skynyrd, April Wine , Montrose , Robin Trower , Humble Pie , Krokus , Molly Hatchet , Grand Funk Railroad , Thin Lizzy, Jimi Hendrix , Judas Priest , Uriah Heep, Foreigner, Bad Company, ZZ Top, Alice Cooper etc.

skipping.jpg

Tags (6)
5 Replies

UncleBud
Chart Topper

@TexasRetroGuy  Wow! This is a tough one for me. My favorites playlist has my faves from the last 42 years. I have country, pop, R&B and rock songs from the 80s to the present. I don't know if I have a favorite era. But I suppose if I had to narrow it down that I'd say the 2010s era might be my favorite.

I hope some of the others will comment on this post. I'm interested in seeing what others have to say. Peace! ✌️

TexasRetroGuy
Underground

I agree it is a tough one. There is a lot of good music in so many different genres in each decade I've been through. I'm currently listening to an 80's station as I write this. 

jxn20c
Underground

Since you asked "era", it  has to be the 70's for me as well. I was born in the late 70's but grew up in the 80's. The 70's really started the hard rock era (Zeppelin, Sabbath, Eagles, Stones, and on and on and on) AND it also had great R&B from Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, Al Green, etc. The 60's were good but the 70's brought an entire shift in the music world. 

TexasRetroGuy
Underground

Thank You for replying. I can relate : )  Although I do like a lot of different music from all decades. 

@TexasRetroGuy for me it would not be a specific Era, but rather a specific genre, and that would be singer- songwriter/ pop. 

Great post, 👍 take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska