cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logitech Announces End of Pandora Support Feb 2024

intermod
Underground

...even when using your own local Logitech Music Server (LMS). Apparently the LMS authenticates your Pandora account through their servers. I am hoping that the LMS developers build in come capability to let it connect directly with Pandora. I have seven music devices that are synced in the home through the LMS...so this is a major loss.

I may have to switch to Spotify as there is an Add-In/Extension for the LMS that allows it to work just fine.

Logitech Announcement: http://tinyurl.com/398ctvku

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
25 Replies

daveLV426
Local Performer

I've tried downloading Logitech Media Server to my home computer and can access some internet content but not Pandora. Anyone know how to do it?

0 Kudos

jrhslick
Underground

I wonder if the folks at Pandora have thought about utilizing the ROON interface? It works fairly well with my SB devices but I do miss my Pandora content!

0 Kudos

burlingtonbill1
Underground

VERY disappointed that the Logitech Squeezebox server was shut down. Right now I'm using an A&K player with similar music as I'd get from Pandora, played thru the Line Input on my "terribly-antiquated" Logitech Squeezebox Boom, but without it seeing some kind of handshake server, I don't have its full fidelity any more.

Yes, there are workarounds. I'm terribly "addicted" to hearing Pandora, and when a "new" artist's song, or otherwise unfamiliar tune comes on, not being able to glance at the scrolling display to find out WHO it is. Very few "solutions" or alternatives give you a display (unless you're using a cell phone.) Most streamer boxes do not! (Looking at you, WiiM, Andover Songbird, Bluesound.) Also, you may have to start all over with a new stereo system to play it through! (The Boom was an all-in-one device. Apparently us satisfied users, as "dinosaurs," are just supposed to go away. That category has just DIED.)

burlingtonbill1
Underground

I considered this approach initially, but there's no display to know what artist & song that Pandora is currently playing for you. Not a big deal if you're only using the service for sonic wallpaper, I guess.

0 Kudos

jrhslick
Underground

Totally agree. I was a fairly early adopter of the squeeze technology buying into it around 2006 (in Australia). It took me 3 years of coercing Pandora to release it there! (They sent me a Pandora tee shirt to celebrate!) Now back in the USA, and they decide to shut the squeezebox servers?!? I don't blame Pandora for that but they could work with other streaming platforms as a plugin like mysqueezebox. What could it hurt? They may even get more paying customers! OR, Logitech could have had a fee-based offering to help defer the cost of the mysqueezebox servers. I would have paid a nominal fee. But in shutting them down I wonder how many paying Pandora users will cancel and go to another service like Tidal. It tells me that it may be time to jump off the logitech train and go in another direction...

0 Kudos

ThotWorks
Local Performer

Hello - For people who wish to preserve access to Pandora in the form of a simple radio platform, the "Grace Digital Mondo Elite" radio is a virtual swap. It is currently ~ $169 right now, but its native functionality beats the Logitech UE radios. It can be reliably used as an alarm clock, it connects to wireless N, it does not require the software tweak that regularly pings the router so its connection does not drop, and it has a good, free iOS app for remote control (except you cannot modify the sleep time settings with it)...  I am not affiliated with Grace, I am a former owner of several Logitech internet radios spread across my house. - Good Luck! - Jaycee

0 Kudos