cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a simple introduction to Pandora

WannaBean
Local Performer

My 72 year old father-in-law has asked for "one of those internet music things" for Christmas. I have purchased a Pandora gift membership for him.

The problem? I would like to include a simple description of Pandora with an introduction telling him to use it. I can't find it anywhere.  Can anyone point me to a simple set of instructions saying what Pandora is and how to use it, designed for someone who doesn't already know what Pandora is? This guy knows nothing about Pandora or similar products. He's starting from the ground floor.

Surely this must exist, right? A huge company wouldn't have a product with millions of users and forget to write basic instructions, would they?

(I can't just tell him how to use it, because this is a Secret Santa gift. I don't want to give away that I'm his SS.)

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Dogzilla
Underground

Hi WannaBean, hate to tell you this but you're not going to find what you're looking for because there are too many different ways of accessing the service and they all work a little different so there's no "one size fits all" set of instructions. Now that doesn't mean there's not a solution to your problem but since you didn't mention how you were giving it to him (what platform) I'll take a guess. Because of his age ( I'm just a few years behind him) plus the tone and wording "one of those internet music things" I'm guessing he's not into Smartphones and earbuds or even listening on the computer so I'm guessing it's going to be through his car stereo or home theater. Car stereo I can't help, but home theater I can tell you that the simplest most straight forward, fewest buttons and most intuative way to access Pandora is with a Roku. If you don't want him to know your his SS just ask him what he got for Christmas and when he comlpains about his "new fangled radio thing" you or someone you know can set up a few stations for him, after that accessing them is pretty easy.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos