cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New York Salsa scene....

NYSalsero
Underground

I've been a paid listener on Pandora for a few years now and I primarily listen to the "Salsa de Nueva York" station. I grew up in Brooklyn, New York during the 60's and 70's listening to Salsa from when it practically first started. I was too young to go to the Salsa clubs that were around back then like the Cheetah, Palladium, Latin Quarter and others. But I remember my sister back then in the late 60's early 70's with my cousin and their high school friends getting ready every Friday night to go to those clubs. My sister would play their LP's while getting ready. I'm more into the Salsa of those times than the newer groups that are out now. Nobody does Salsa better than the pioneers of those times except for the ones that are still alive and still performing. Are there any other Salsa lovers out there that remember those times?? Share your experiences. Let keep this conversation going!!

Tags (3)
1 Reply

NYSalsero
Underground

For those who haven't seen it yet, there is a documentary tribute to Johnny Pacheco and his many years in promoting Salsa from New York to around the world. A must see video!!

Moderator Edit: Removed link 

0 Kudos