How do I enable Private Messages?

Please help

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
65 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hopp9541 Were you having issues with your Pandora account?

If so, please provide a little more information about what is happening and I'll be happy to further assist. 

Hopp9541
Underground

I need to know how to get private messages set up

TannerPandora

Hi @Hopp9541 I checked your community profile and Private Message is enabled. You can find this by clicking the envelope icon on the top right of the community page, next to your profile icon. Then click New Message, if you'd like to send a message. 

Let me know if you're still having trouble. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Paigesmith1997
Opening Act

does anyone know why I cant privite message on here 

the paigester
0 Kudos

Yoshi
Diamond in the Rough

If you cant private message someone, it might be because they have their private messaging turned off.

-If you think about it, the brain named itself...-

Paigesmith1997
Opening Act

oh ok

the paigester

dalton1990
Opening Act

@AlyssaPandora 

yu know how to get private messaging to work?

0 Kudos

dalton1990
Opening Act

@pattycake4298I give up on this **ahem**.

0 Kudos

Force_User
Opening Act

How do I enable my Private Messaging? 

The Force is with us.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Force_User. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Enable Private Message

Your private messages are enabled. To locate your PMs, click on the envelope icon on the top right of the community page, next to your profile icon.

Hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Force_User
Opening Act

Thanks @AlyssaPandora!

The Force is with us.

ArturoNJen
Local Performer

I do not have that icon, only a bell, any suggestions? 

ACM
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArturoNJen Your private messages should now be enabled. 

To locate your PMs, click on the envelope icon on the top right of the community page, next to your profile icon.

Hope this helps. 😎

Goldmine762
Local Performer

How to work private message 🤔

@Goldmine762  from your desktop app, click on your display icon, then click on community, once you are on Pandora's online app, click on your profile icon then click on settings, scroll down and you will see Preferences, click on it. Under preferences, you will see the private messenger, click on that. You will then see the private messenger settings, turn on private messages, be sure that the box is checked. Under that, you will see Receive email notifications for new private messages, be sure that box is checked as well. Once you have completed these steps, refresh the page, If necessary close it out then open this page back up. If the person you want to private message, if their settings are not set to receive private messages then you will not be able to send them a message. I hope this helps you. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Goldmine762. 👋

Your private messages should be enabled.

@MOHLovesAlaska is right on point. To locate your PMs, click on the envelope icon on the top right of the community page, next to your profile icon.

Hope this helps. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Lkelly19
Local Performer

How do i check to see if i got any private messages 

@Lkelly19 good afternoon. At the top right of your screen, you will see an envelope, if you were to have any messages you would see the number 1 or 2, etc...for that would indicate of course how many messages you would have. But you first need to be sure you have private messages enabled so you could receive private messages. I hope this helps you, take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Lkelly19. 👋

You can check your private messages by clicking on the envelope icon next to your avatar. If you have a private message, you should see a number notification to indicate an unread message.

Hope this helps! 🎧