cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

bjoyce2
Opening Act

New Feature Idea: Create Rules about what bands you never want to hear.  If I select a Genre but there are certain bands I never want to hear, there should be a way to create a rule. i.e. I select the 70's Rock Genre but I never want to hear any music from Sting, Rush, Styx, Journey, Kiss, etc.  then allow me to create a rule eliminating them fron the selection algorithm.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
175 Comments
Manix
Underground

I agree, nothing worse than listening to 90s songs, then having some 2010s crud mixed in. Or listening to your Punk channel, just to have Johnny Cash mixed in... 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for this suggestion, @bjoyce2! I think having the ability to mute certain artists would be great for the listening experience.

Kimmykim
Local Performer

Why is r Kelly's music still available on pandora. I've deleted him. Does pandora support r Kelly? I pay for premium and feel that pandora should remove all r kelly music, tour dates, concerts, information

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

nichole6747
Underground

Right they honestly should.

JackPhantom
On the Rise

One might ask Amazon why they still sell Mein Kampf. Or the Communist Manifesto.

Making available a cultural artefact is not supporting the views or actions of any artist in question.

KCdaGuy
Opening Act

The premium sub also gives you the ability to skip artists or songs you don't like.

keramorton
Local Performer

Yes! There are some artists that it's almost a physical, nails pushed through my eardrums, pain to listen to. I listen to music whilst I sleep and have actually woken up cringing when Michael Buble has come on. Why can't I block him from even playing on my station to begin with?

jcurl04063
Local Performer
I don't want to hear any more bill cosby tracks on my comedy stations, he's a convicted rapist though you would never know it reading Pandora's glowing and completely complimentary description of him. I find him offensive and I don't want to hear him, and I especially don't want my listening to in any way support him financially. I normally like the Pandora format because it's exposed me to artists i wasn't familiar with but am now large fans of like John Mulaney and Kumail Nanjiani, but no matter how many times I thumbs down the cosby tracks you keep playing them. Being able to mute an artist would make listing to Pandora far less uncomfortable. I've been a satisfied user for over 15 years but this is something that is seriously making me reconsider my commitment to you over other online services that won't force me listen to the ravings of a rapist
Caedos
Local Performer

I have a Lo-Fi radio station I've been using for 5 years in my classroom, but this week I started getting songs from a band called "The Lo-Fi" and it's really not the kind of music I want playing in my class.  I have downvoted every song of theirs I came across, but it's not been working as I continue to get songs from them.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@Caedos I moved your post to the Feature Request space as this is not currently a feature of Pandora.

Thanks for your suggestion! 🎶