cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Van Halen or Bon Jovi

damienwoleben51
Opening Act

2 Replies

@damienwoleben51 for me this is an easy choice, Van Halen, but I also need to clarify one small detail, because there is Van Halen w/ David Lee Roth, and there is Van Hagar (when Sammy Hagar took David Lee Roths place). So for me, it is Van Halen before Sammy Hagar, and I would have to choose Bon Jovi after David Lee's departure. As far as I'm concerned, Van Halen's music was never the same when they let David Lee Roth go. I'm sure there will be many different opinions about this but they did have the album of the year in 1984 and that is with David Lee. Even their music videos are very different, the most popular videos are with David Lee Roth. I honestly believe the Van Halen brothers were getting jealous about the very fact David Lee Roth was becoming the limelight of the group (with the exception of Eddie Van Halen's guitar playing talent) plus the fact David Lee wanted more money, and they were constantly butting heads about other things besides money. Well. that is my take about the whole matter.

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

UncleBud
Chart Topper

They're both awesome bit I'd have to go with Bon Jovi.