cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classical Month 2024

JamiePandora
Pandora
Pandora

In 1994 President Bill Clinton proclaimed September Classical Music Month.

The proclamation read in part: “Classical music is a celebration of artistic excellence …. This month we exalt the many talented composers, conductors, and musicians.”

As Head of Classical Music here at Pandora I strive to feature it all. Whether you’re looking for something to listen to while reading or working, or focusing in and enjoying the detail of each performance. 

Below is a collection of some of my favorite offerings:

Joseph Bologne.Samuel_Coleridge-Taylor.Margaret Bonds, William Grant Still.jpeg

Black Classical - A mode on Classical Radio featuring Black Composers, performers and conductors. You’ll hear Florence Price, members of the Kanneh-Mason Family, Carlos Simon, Lawrence Brownlee, Samuel Coleridge-Taylor, J’Nai Bridges and so many more incredible talents.

classicalforwork.png

Classical for Work Radio - I think of this Station as what my Dad would listen to at work. Something lovely for the office: uplifting, not too loud and not to soft, just right for having a productive work day.

500W_500H.jpg

Classical Goes Pop Radio - This Station features a collection of tracks of pop songs with traditionally classical instruments and arrangements, like string ensembles. I’ve heard that teachers really love this station for their classrooms, as the melodies are familiar but not distracting. It’s one of our stations that is most regularly listened to the longest in each session clocking at almost 4 hours.

baroque.png

Baroque Radio - I always feel classy when I listen to this station. It makes me walk a little taller and lighter on my feet and cultivates the desire to drink tea. Also, I never get sick of Vivaldi. 

500W_500H-1.jpg

Choral Music Radio - I’m a classically trained singer, and have spent many years in choruses, so Choral Radio is very special to me. Nothing like the works of Morten Laurisden, Ola Gjeilo, Palestrina, Fauré and Eric Whitacre to make me feel all warm and snuggly in my soul.

500W_500H-2.jpg

Romantic Era Radio - The time span 1820–1900 of Western Classical Music truly brought the world brilliant, lush and musically inventive music. This station includes staples like Brahms, Clara Schumann and Beethoven as well as lesser known composers like Emilie Mayer, Samuel Coleridge-Taylor and Lili Boulanger. 

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.22.01 AM.png

No matter your preferences, you’ll find a Classical Station for your tastes. Check out Pandora’s Classical account landing page and see if something strikes your fancy and celebrate Classical Music Month with us!