cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad-blocker Error with Paid Subscription

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update 04/02/2020: We've received reports of listeners with paid subscriptions having trouble with an ad-blocker error when attempting to listen from their computers.

We have made our engineering team aware, and they are currently investigating the reports. I will provide an update as soon as I receive one.

Thank you so much for your reports, screenshots, and continued patience as we work to get a new update for everyone soon. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (5)
96 Replies

dobeman73
Local Performer

I HAVE Pandora plus and I'm still getting the Adblocker message. What gives? If you're going to require me to upgrade to "Premium" just so I can look for something and play it, then forget it.

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @dobeman73👋

If you initiate a complimentary session of Premium, you'll be prompted to watch an advertisement before listening to content on-demand.

If that's not what is happening, could you please post a screenshot of the exact error message you're seeing?

If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.

Then attach it to your next post.

++

If you have a Mac:

1. Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

napoleon
Local Performer

im trying to take ad blocker in its he not working

0 Kudos

aevans117
Local Performer

I am a plus member and I would be happy to get to the 'back stage' page and play a station with the artist I searched for but I cant seem to get that. All I get is a request to turn off my ad blocker.  I did whitelist Pandora but still get the ad blocker message  instead of an option to play a station with the artist or like the artist.  I am using firefox with duck duck go as my browser and whitelisted pandora in duckduck go. Please advise.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@napoleon It looks like your account is currently set up with the free service.

To clarify, does this issue occur when you attempt to initiate a complimentary session of Pandora Premium?

Let me know.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@aevans117 

Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of that message the next time it pops up?

If you have a Windows machine:

• Please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.

If you have a Mac:

• Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.

I appreciate your help with this! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

GCGRIFFI
Local Performer

Can I run Pandora without disabling adblocker? You created this problem for me now please fix or I will cancel my subscription!

mod edit: format & removed language

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @GCGRIFFI. 👋

Please see my message regarding using ad-blocker with a free account.

Hope this helps clarify. If you need further assistance, our User Support team is always happy to help with your account here.

Thanks so much for being a part of the community! 🎹

0 Kudos

indur212
Local Performer

i use a dell p/c. and chrome. went to extensions - there is no ad blocker shown  so am unable whitelist it. i upgrade to an ad free subscription and it still reminds me the ad blocker is. unable to play pandora. tried this. my chrome has no ad blocker shown. 

tried this. no success. have upgraded and still can not play. help.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @indur212. 👋

I'm very sorry for the continued trouble with this during your listening sessions.

Could you please send me a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing?

• If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.
  • Then attach that file in your next post on this thread.

Also, are you using Incognito Mode or a private browsing mode when this happens?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you.

0 Kudos

Dan1
Local Performer

I am a paid subscriber, but Pandora treats me like a free listener and won't let me choose stations because ad blocker is on.   But I shouldn't be receiving ads anyway since I am a paid subscriber, and all I want is to add music channels.  How do I do this?  And how do I get Pandora to recognize I am a paid subscriber not a freebie?

AlyssaPandora

Hey @Dan1. 👋

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I completely understand how frustrating this must be. Our engineering team is currently looking into this issue.

• Which web browser are you using?
  • Could you try try accessing Pandora from a private browsing window?
    • If you're using Firefox, feel free to use these steps to use a private browsing window.
    • If you're using Chrome, please use these steps to get to the private browsing window.

This will help us determine what is happening and whether you need to whitelist Pandora on your specific browser.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks so much for sticking with me on this! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

5mabear4
Local Performer

What shall I do ? I started free trial of pandora plus, which is supposed to be ad-free, but after 12 days is insisting I do not have it, is asking me to turn off my adblocker. Help!

harry_c_johnson
Local Performer

I am a pandora plus member and I cannot even play one of my stations because I get the message about whitelisting pandora. I'm not trying to listen to a specific artist or song just one of my stations I have listened to many times in the past. This is broken. Please fix it.

bjacobs67
Local Performer

am getting a message to turn off ad blocker even though i paid for a subscription - this is new and very annoying.

bjacobs67i

0 Kudos

bmeyers
Local Performer

I'm experiencing the same.

I was tired of Pandora giving me the obnoxious "please disable your AdBlock" message each time I opened in my browser window (even though AdBlock has been disabled from the pandora URL forever). I upgraded to a paid account...and I'm still getting the same ridiculous "please disable your adblocker...oops this is awkward" message. Reading the forms it seems like this is a persistent issue with Pandora. 

The only reason I paid for a monthly subscription was to eliminate that hideous ad...and it didn't work.

Please advise, or else there is no reason to continue paying for something that should've already been resolved (because AdBlock is paused on the site).

Brett

raxxis373
Local Performer

I am getting the same issue.  I have plus. Last night, it worked fine.  Today, I try and listen to the SAME station that I listented to last night and it gives me the ad blocker message.  I refuse to whitelist, that is why I pay. For ad free.  But I have to allow ads on a site that I pay for ad free service?  I would rather go to spotify or IHeart than whitelist.

raxxis373
Local Performer

Paid subscription.  Last night, listening to music no problem in Chrome on PC.  Today, launch Chrome, open pandora and it tells me I need to whitelist a site to allow ads, on a site that I pay to NOT have ads on.

I tried going into incognito, only to have it tell me the same thing.    I will not whitelist a site to allow ads when I pay said site for ad free.  I am not searching for a song, I am not searching for anything, I am just trying to listen to the same station that I have been listening to for a long time.

Why was this updated WITHOUT testing first?  Expecially when people are at home nad using web based services MUCH more than normal?

That is a great idea.  Lets launch an update that isnt fully tested when more than normal ammount of people are using said servcie!!!!

Fix this PLEASE.

jjbaird3
Local Performer

I am having the exact same problem.  I had no ad blocker to turn off on chrome.  Settings allowed ads and I still got that hip girl voice "hey there, I see you have an ad blocker on...click here for steps to whitelist..."

SOOOOO I signed up for a paid subscription.  It worked for one day without the ad blocker harrassment.  It ain't free for me anymore.

Now once again.  I log in as a paid subscriber and we are back to square one.  No recognition of my paid subscription and the hip girl voice telling me to click here.

I really need pandora to just work.  I'm not paying $60/year for this!  This happens on all browsers: Chrome, Explorer, firefox.  SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING AS IT SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!! So frustrating.

jjbaird3_0-1585790254694.png

0 Kudos

wsahm12
Underground

Same here. Very annoying!

0 Kudos