cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad-blocker Error with Paid Subscription

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update 04/02/2020: We've received reports of listeners with paid subscriptions having trouble with an ad-blocker error when attempting to listen from their computers.

We have made our engineering team aware, and they are currently investigating the reports. I will provide an update as soon as I receive one.

Thank you so much for your reports, screenshots, and continued patience as we work to get a new update for everyone soon. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (5)
96 Replies

Raydiance
Local Performer

I am a paid member . I keep getting turn my ad blocker off. How do I stop this

MusicFan034
Underground

Yes, it's the same as other posts about ad blocking. I have a PLUS account and just recently, I started receiving messages about ad blocker being turned on for regular channel listening. Not premium, not specific albums... just listening to a channel. I am using Firefox and Ublock Origins plugin and I won't be turning it off. You need to sort out why my account is flagging to need whitelisting in my ad blocker or I will just cancel my subscription. I have been a customer for many years and I pay to not have ads or the tracking that comes with them. Solve it.1.jpg

PirateB
Local Performer

Same issue started April 2.  I'm paying for this.  Pandora, please fix today.

AdamPandora

@Raydiance @PirateB @MusicFan034 I moved your posts to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

Would you mind running through these steps and let me know if it resolves this for you?

Thanks for all your help with this.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

wmprof
Local Performer

Same issue here.  Not whitelisting something I already pay for. 

Please correct!!

cnp
Local Performer

I've been paying for Plus for years and now seeing the same ridiculous pop-up. We shouldn't have to whitelist ads when paying for ad-free listening. Hopefully this is just a bug and not something nefarious like a sneaky way to track listeners.

amibo1012
Local Performer

You have a bug and need to fix it. The answer is not to help people who have paid subscriptions turn off adblocker.  The answer is to find out why it's being triggered all of a sudden and fix it.  I know that's not your job as tech support, but your dev team needs to get on it.  Your job is going to be super not fun until they do that.  

Sean_R
Local Performer

Alyssa,

I have the same problem as Dan1 above.  I am a paid Pandora Plus subscriber, but now am getting the same request to disable my ad blocker when I try to play Pandora through Firefox version 74.0 (on Windows 10, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363) as I always have.

I did try opening the Private browsing window on Firefox as you requested above, but still have the same problem.

This is very annoying for us paid subscribers who don't want to disable ad blockers.

Sean

cyrixlord
Underground

yes to all of this. my adblocker would whitelist only *pandora* urls and have been enjoying pandora for YEARS (I have a paid plus subscription) but this morning I got the same message you are all getting. Even if Pandora isn't playing ads, whitelisting pandora to put whatever cookies they want on my browser allows them to put 15+ OTHER cookies on my browser (for sneaky ways to still track listeners?)

Please return to previous behavior. also the notice is very loud like the advertisements vs music levels.  I'll give pandora some time to fix this before I decide to cancel my subscription. 

Didley1jt
Local Performer

It's asking me to turn off my ad blocker as well. I've had Pandora Plus for over a year. Just started doing this stupid **ahem**.

It still appears to be ad free even after I turn off the ad blocker, but they need to fix it. It prevents play until you turn off the ad blocker. 

Clutter-bug
Local Performer

I have to agree with this. This problem started for me today. Pandora worked fine yesterday with my ad blocker on. I have a paid subscription. So clearly this is a bug and it needs fixing not a workaround. Whatever box got checked that made this happen needs unchecking.

It did work for me to open an incognito window and then successfully play Pandora, but heres the deal. When I paid for a subscription, I did not agree to having to turn off my ad blocker. So when a term of the subscription changes, Pandora has an obligation to let us know.

Pandora, please fix this, don't give us the workaround runaround!

Moderator edit: format

moormanja
Underground

This is **NOT** a solution.  I am a paid subscriber already.  I will not allow ads in addition to paying for removing ads; the suggestion that this is a solution is asinine.

Stijl
Underground

Exactly the same issue I'm having, same browser included.  Fix coming soon? 

My subscription is set to renew on the 4th...  I've already cancelled so it won't renew, and giving the timing it feels more like a bait and switch (though I know it's more likely a bug).

cyrixlord
Underground

my adblocker would whitelist only *pandora* urls and I have been enjoying pandora for YEARS (I have a paid plus subscription) but this morning I was unable to listen to my shuffle stations because of a model dialog box overriding most all funcitons on the website.(chrome desktop). the behavior or the website has changed:

pandora.PNG

Even if Pandora isn't playing ads, whitelisting pandora to put whatever cookies they want on my browser allows them to put 15+ OTHER cookies on my browser (for sneaky ways to still track listeners?) is not an option for me.

Please return to previous behavior.  Looks like you'll get flooded with people like me in coming days.  I'll give pandora some time to fix this before I decide to cancel my subscription since I really have enjoyed their service up until now.

0 Kudos

wsahm12
Underground

Same here. You've got 3 days to fix this before I cancel Plus and move to Spotify. 

eolejnik12
Local Performer

will not let me listen to pandora on my laptop.  Keeps saying turn of adblock and I

pay for Pandora Plus.  Came out of my Checking account on March 5, 2020

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update 04/02/2020: We've received reports of listeners with paid subscriptions having trouble with an ad-blocker error when attempting to listen from their computers.

We have made our engineering team aware, and they are currently investigating the reports. I will provide an update as soon as I receive one.

Thank you so much for your reports, screenshots, and continued patience as we work to get a new update for everyone soon. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

dogbark3
Local Performer

I pay for Pandora plus it can not access anything. I am not going to disable my ad blocker for anyone, that is why I pay for Pandora plus. I can not go "backstage" because of the message to disable my add blocker. I see many comments of the same issue , when is this going to be fixed? 

AdamPandora

@5mabear4 @Didley1jt @dogbark3 I moved your posts to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

Our engineers are aware and are currently investigating. Keep an eye on this thread as we will be posting updates on the status of this.

Thanks for your patience!

AdamPandora

@bjacobs67 I moved your post to this thread as this is a known issue currently being investigated by our engineers.

Keep an eye on this thread as we will be providing updates on the status of this.

0 Kudos