cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad-blocker Error with Paid Subscription

AlyssaPandora

Pandora Update 04/02/2020: We've received reports of listeners with paid subscriptions having trouble with an ad-blocker error when attempting to listen from their computers.

We have made our engineering team aware, and they are currently investigating the reports. I will provide an update as soon as I receive one.

Thank you so much for your reports, screenshots, and continued patience as we work to get a new update for everyone soon. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (5)
96 Replies

handyman39
Local Performer

Been a 7 year listener. I pay for no Ads    Total BS marketing scheme. In consiering cancelling altogether GMR

0 Kudos

Indu
Local Performer

how to get past this annoying ad blocker insult

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Indu. 👋

To keep the community tidy, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad-blocker Error with Paid Subscription

Looks like you have a Pandora Plus subscription. Please check out my post about this here.

Feel free to let me know if you still have trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

6262bugg
Underground

I have a pre. Sub. Have to up date every month,forget the cookies. It won't take credit card most times. Now this ad blocker **ahem** rears it's ugly head. Can't play the blues or anything else. Who do you people have for a programmer joe biden?

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @6262bugg. 👋

Thanks so much for posting. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad-blocker Error with Paid Subscription

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread in my post here.

You may need to whitelist Pandora on your web browser if that error message keeps popping up. To whitelist Pandora on your browser, you can use these steps.

Feel free to let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Terryb55
Local Performer

cant keep up keep having new issues what stopped ease of use starting to stink

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Terryb55 Have you checked out the accepted solution to this thread yet?

You may need to whitelist Pandora on your web browser if that error message keeps popping up. To whitelist Pandora on your browser, you can use these steps.

Let me know if this helps. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

yemmie37
Local Performer

I do not have an Adblock icon on my toolbar.  Your directions are useless to me, using Safari Catalina

6262bugg
Underground

get used to it.i can't even get it to accept my cc. i go through this every **ahem** mouth. with premium ishould not have to deal with this. welcome to pandora. they apparently hire engineers from high school. they are apparently inept.

0 Kudos

Fragabond
Local Performer

Howdy, 

I have a Premium family subscription that is refusing to play on the desktop until I disable the ad-blocker. 

How does this get fixed without disabling the ad-blocker? I have paid the money to be rid of ads. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Fragabond. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

To keep everything tidy, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad-blocker Error with Paid Subscription

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread in my post here.

You may need to allowlist Pandora on your web browser if that error message keeps popping up. To whitelist Pandora on your browser, you can use these steps.

Feel free to let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Lel
Local Performer

Just canceled my subscription due to this issue. 

0 Kudos

Lel
Local Performer

I specifically signed up to do away with ads. Clearly this 'issue' has been going on long enough that the Pandora tech crew are aware of it. So it's not an 'issue' but 'the intention'. Deceptive and offensive. Will look elsewhere.

0 Kudos

Champ91917
Local Performer

What Davichos99 said.  **ahem** am I paying for if you are DEMANDING to be whitelisted or turn off ad blocker.  I'll use another service, thanks.

0 Kudos

Fragabond
Local Performer

It will be a cold day in Hades when I disable or whitelist adblocker for anything. Even less likely for a service I pay for.

Interestingly enough the problem vanished after making my initial post. 

Thanks for correcting that. 

0 Kudos

mo1
Local Performer

thank you

0 Kudos

Playsinthedirt
Underground

I had more problems with duck duck go than with google. And then ddg claimed my login invalid but ok in google. Yes I have adblocker Adblock.

0 Kudos