cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad-blocker with Free Account

Kallen3342
Local Performer

No ad bloc found on Google Chrome.  How is white bloc removed?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
108 Replies

Dermochelys
Underground

I use Pandora in Firefox on my Windows 10 PC.  Starting yesterday, I get an audio error message saying that I have an ad blocker installed and that Pandora won't work with it "on".  However, I don't have an ad blocker on my system, so there's nothing to turn "off" or add Pandora as an exception to.  I've tried turning off Firefox's "Enhanced Privacy Protection", but that does not resolve the issue.  Can anyone help with this problem?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Dermochelys. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized.

If you haven't already, I would recommend checking out this article about whitelisting Pandora.

If these steps don't address what you're experiencing, could you share a screenshot of the exact error message you're seeing when you attempt to listen? You can also share a screenshot of the extensions you have as we may be able to narrow it down.

Please also check for other any internet security software that could be installed which may be blocking ads. In the meantime, another alternative is to try using our desktop app if the issue persists.

Thanks so much for your help with this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

LAS
Underground

I have a free subscription. I have ad blockers on my computer but I have been able to access my music until today. I tried disabling it but it didn't help. My question is why could I play one day and all of a sudden not the next day when nothing has changed on my computer?

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @LAS. 👋

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I would recommend checking out my message above about how to whitelist Pandora.

If you don't mind, please share a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing for that error message as well as the extensions.

Thanks so much for your help with this! 🎧

Dermochelys
Underground

Here is a screen shot of when I get the error...but it's mostly the audio message (by the way that message is SUPER annoying after the 25th time!).

Anyway, my security software doesn't block ads, and my Firefox does not have any extensions added to it other than Google Translate.  I tried whitelisting as well per the link you provided, and that hasn't worked.

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos

Dermochelys
Underground

I found the solution.  My Kaspersky Internet Security a "anti-banner" setting.  I whitelisted www.pandora.com on there, and it seems to have worked.

LAS
Underground

Your responses are so canned and say the same thing over and over and never actually resolve anything.  I said that I had never had an issue until today! I also said I tried disabling it (aka "whiteline") and it still did nothing. So many others have said the same thing and your response is always the same. It has to be something on your end that has changed since so many people, both paid and free subscriptions, have the same problem, that never seems to get properly addressed and resolved. How can it be our issue if we never had a problem until very recently?

Your recommendation to check out your message above about how to whitelist is a joke.  Do you really think that people don't try clicking on the message they receive on how to resolve things and follow the instructions? Obviously not because you keep telling us to do the same thing that we have tried numerous times.    

I truly believe, "Alyssa", you either just plug your canned response in to everything and/or are a robot responder.  But, if you are a real person, please escalate this to another real person who can actually check into this and respond and resolve it properly. It seems like "Alyssa" is the only one who ever responds to these questions and inquiries anyone else notice that?   

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@LAS Sorry for any confusion regarding my message.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you've shared the requested info. In order to better assist you, I'll need to see a screenshot of the exact error message as well as a screenshot of the extensions. With those screenshots, I can check in with our device team directly to see what could be causing this issue for you.

Thanks for your help.

kvonderh
Local Performer

I have no add blocker but I keep getting the message. They just want you to upgrade because they are most likely loosing advertising money due to virus.

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @kvonderh. 👋

Sorry about the trouble -- I'm happy to take a deeper look for you.

Please send over a screenshot of the error message and your extensions so I can see what might be causing this block.

Another listener in this thread also mentioned that disabling the "anti-banner" setting could help.

Let me know, and I can follow up with you.

overthemoon
Opening Act

@LAS could you actually provide helpful information about your problem? In that novel you just wrote, you didn't even say what browser or adblock software you use.

Jjman739
Underground

For context, I am using Google Chrome on Windows 10.

This started recently. It will sometimes tell me to disable my ad blocker, even though my ad blocker is disabled for Pandora. This tends to happen under the following cases:

• I open Pandora.
  • I close my laptop for a short while, reopen it, and push play on Pandora.
  • At random while playing music (quite rare.)

I can usually fix this with a refresh or two, but I'd rather not have to.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. If it's not, could someone please direct me to the right place? The help page seems to just be a flat list of FAQs without a way to submit a bug report, unless if I lack perception.

LAS
Underground

@kvonderh Thank you.  So what did you or are you going to do?

What do you think about "Alyssa's" response to your comment? Look familiar?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Jjman739. 👋

Thanks for reporting this.

Looks like you have a free Pandora account. While Pandora is whitelisted on your browser, there may be an extension that has a blocker which is triggering this error message during your listening sessions. 

• If you don't mind, a screenshot of your extensions would be helpful so that I can connect with our device team about what is causing this issue.
  • Also, do you use Kaspersky?

Appreciate your patience, and help with this.

overthemoon
Opening Act

0 Kudos

overthemoon
Opening Act

Thank you for this @Dermochelys! I didn't even think about my anti-virus having something to do with the problem.

Jjman739
Underground

@AlyssaPandora

I don't use Kapersky

Screenshots aren't working for me right now, so I'll just list them off:

- AdBlock (with Pandora whitelisted)

- Avast (hasn't been a problem in my experience)

- Avast SafePrice (pops up its own tidbits sometimes without affecting the underlying website, and hasn't done anything on Pandora)

- Tampermonkey (has a script for one specific website. Wouldn't do anything here.)

- Stylus (custom CSS, not set to do anything on Pandora.)

My guess is an overzealous adblock detection algorithm that interprets sufficient lag (such as when I close my laptop) as ads being blocked. It hasn't happened enough for me to reliably test.

0 Kudos

kvonderh
Local Performer

in all the years i've had pandora, this is new. what's going on. i didn't change anything to promote this ad block message.

0 Kudos

Jjman739
Underground

@AlyssaPandoraIt's been a week and I haven't heard anything back. I am getting the error message quite frequently now (it happening at random during playing is no longer "quite rare".) Is a solution in the works?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for the update, @Jjman739

I'll check in with our device and engineering team regarding your issue, and let them know that this is happening more frequently for you.

I'll post on this thread when I have more details.