cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad-blocker with Free Account

Kallen3342
Local Performer

No ad bloc found on Google Chrome.  How is white bloc removed?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Jerryc41. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad-blocker with Free Account

I would recommend whitelisting Pandora on your web browser using these steps.

If that doesn't help. I would recommend checking your anti-virus software (if you have one). Some anti-virus software like Kaspersky can have anti-banner settings enabled that behave similarly to ad blockers. If you're using Kaspersky software, identify the version you have installed and follow their instructions on how to disable that feature: 

I hope this information is helpful. Feel free to let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

115 Replies

RV
Local Performer

How to disable adblocker for Pandora in Safari

AdamPandora

@RV I moved your post to our Desktop space to keep the community tidy.

If you have the AdBlock extension, click the AdBlock icon on your tool bar and select Don't run on this domain. Also, make Pandora an exception if you have the ClicktoFlash or ClicktoPlugin extensions.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Kallen3342👋

Sounds like you might have your ad-blocker enabled.

I checked in with our User Support team, and it looks like you have a free account.

You can find out more info about ad-blockers and whitelisting Pandora here.

++

If you're having trouble listening to Pandora from your Google Chrome browser, I would recommend running through these steps.

Hope this helps!

GGirl
Underground

I'm using the free subscription, with an ad blocker b/c the constant ads are as annoying as if I was listening to commercial radio. I've been listening this way for years, suddenly today the site won't let me play unless I white list the site. How do I get around this? I have no intention of removing the ad blocker - if the ads weren't so annoying and persistent I wouldn't need it in the first place! If this is your new policy towards free subscriptions then you have now lost me as a subscriber.

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @GGirl. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized.

Sorry for any confusion regarding how Pandora works. I'm happy to explain:

• Free Pandora accounts are primarily supported by audio and visual advertisements, and have been for quite some time.
  • Pandora Plus and Premium accounts will not receive advertisements.

If you block ads on our site, you may experience issues listening to Pandora, or accessing additional features.

You can find out more info about ad-blockers and whitelisting Pandora here

If you're interested in an advertising-free subscription, we have several great options.

++

We're happy to have you as a listener whether you have a free or paid account, and we hope that you'll continue to enjoy Pandora. 

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

GGirl
Underground

I agree, have been running Pandora with ad blocker active for almost 10 years, now suddenly I can't do it any more. I also call BS on this. Spotify here I come.

thrill22cl
Local Performer

i use brave as my browswer pandora not working because of ad blocker

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @thrill22cl. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as other listeners are mentioning a similar experience with their free Pandora accounts.

Feel free to check out my post regarding using an ad-blocker with a free Pandora account here.

++

Most modern computers will play Pandora without any modification, but at minimum, your set-up will need to meet the below minimum specifications:

Browsers:

• Internet Explorer 11
  • Safari 11
  • Latest Version of Chrome*
  • Latest Version of Firefox*
  • Edge*

*Auto-updating must be enabled

The browser you're using may not be supported in order to stream Pandora. The browsers listed above work best with the Pandora service. Feel free to check out this article from our Help site for the minimum specifications to run Pandora successfully.

I hope this information is helpful, and thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎼

batesdx
Local Performer

I have an ad blocker on Pandora that is prohibiting me from listening to music.  I prefer not to have advertisements.  Can anyone assist me?

AdamPandora

@batesdx I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Check out @AlyssaPandora's message above for more information around using ad-blockers with your free Pandora account.

Hope this helps explain!  

MsTrixy
Local Performer

I have been a loyal user of Pandora for years  I was a paid  user then could not renew.  How in the world are you suppose to acquire new users when even the free version is SO  dysfunctional?  Who will stand for this **ahem**?  I can understand the occasional commercial, but really?

I have my PC fine tuned for no trackers, pop-up and ads for my protection as should everyone else.

I am being penalized for this?  Shame, Pandora.  Commercials sure, but forcing anything else is bad for PR.

I enjoy Pandora, always have.  But I'll be seeking music elsewhere if my account cannot be adjusted.

I have a large social media following.  I don't like to threaten, but this is insane.

Thank you for your time ~ MsTrixy

glm
Local Performer

Pandora you're doing a terrible job in letting customers communicate with you.

How about adding a link to your "remove ad blocker" announcement.

There are some of us that cannot control this. Maybe you asked / had a simple way for people to communicate then you would already know this.

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @MsTrixy - I've moved your message to an existing thread on this: Ad-blocker with Free Account

I would recommend visiting @AlyssaPandora post here for steps on how to whitelist Pandora with your ad blocker. 

Thanks for being part of the Pandora community! ❤️

Tanner | Community Moderator

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @glm - sorry for any trouble reaching out to us. You can always email our User Support team from our Help Page or email them directly by clicking here

If you aren't able to whitelist Pandora on your computer with the steps that @AlyssaPandora has linked here, I would recommend reaching out to your company's IT department directly for further help. 

Thanks for being part of community! 👍🏻

Tanner | Community Moderator

MsTrixy
Local Performer

I will not allow Pandora to spam me with advertisements, track or otherwise.

I've had it.  If you want a unsuspecting crowd of teens, looks like you have them since you are still operating.  As for us that have been loyal, you spit on us.  I'm off to another music vendor.

Quite sad.

0 Kudos

SLOTCARKING
Local Performer

Hi,

How iswhite blocker removed

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@SLOTCARKING You can find the instructions to whitelist Pandora linked in the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps! 

musicmusic9
Local Performer

i thought i got rid of adblocker plese walk me through this  dont know what im doing 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@musicmusic9 I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

We have some engineers who are currently looking into this.

If you've already whitelisted Pandora using the steps linked in the accepted solution to this thread, can you please try streaming Pandora in a private/incognito window?

Let me know if this helps.