cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opera Web Browser: Buffering Issues

knifepartylyrcs
Local Performer

I am able to get Pandora working on chrome and internet explorer, but whenever I try it on the Opera web browser it has a constant buffering problem. I don't have any ad-blockers enabled and this problem started happening a little over a week ago. I have tried looking at other community posts to see if there is a solution but I haven't found one that works.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
23 Replies

DancingOfDoom
Local Performer

I've started using Opera GX sometime late 2021/early 2022 and had no initial issues with Pandora. However as of Jan/Feb 2023, Pandora has been buffering a lot, especially these past few weeks ands it getting very tedious to listen to my music. This has been a KNOWN AND ONGOING ISSUE FOR 3 **ahem** years and this is no excuse to have let it continue for so long

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @DancingOfDoom. 👋

Thanks for sharing your feedback, and sorry for any inconvenience.

Unfortunately, we don't support the Opera browser. However, we do support the following browsers for listening to Pandora: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.

You can find out more details here: Web Minimum Specs

Another alternative is to try out the Desktop app, if you're interested. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Spooky_Noodle
Underground

a bit confused about what made Pandora stop working in opera? it clearly was supported in the past, or at least functioned. with opera being chromium-based and chrome being supported, i don't see where the compatibility issue would even be?

If browser add-ons meant for chrome function fine on Opera due to both browsers being chromium-based, why can't the same be applied to a website (in this case, Pandora)? It works fine on Google Chrome, so does that not mean that it should work in Opera as well?

Furthermore, there was a point in time where Pandora worked in Opera. What caused that change? And is there any plan to fix this, or will Opera remain unsupported?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

God69420
Local Performer

I saw that this was posted before, but didn't see any actual solution. I used pandora countless times prior to this, but haven't been able to use it on my desktop for a while. I use Opera, and am on Windows 10. Never had this issue before.

The issue is that the app will load, but it will just buffer, buffer, and buffer.

0 Kudos