cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Buffering Issues

cowboyy221
Opening Act

im on google chrome and usually dont have this problem but the buffer is rolling and rolling the ads work but and on demands work  but radio just rolls.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

lakedaisy
Opening Act

Alyssa, I believe I found the solution.  I used CleanMyMac to  remove Chrome.  This program removes EVERYTHING.   I already had Chrome Sync turned on so all my settings were saved.  Next I reinstalled Chrome and restored my settings.  Pandora seems to be working great again. Thanks for your help Alyssa.

View solution in original post

52 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @cowboyy221 

Can you do me a favor and check if this is happening in Firefox too. This helps determine if it's a browser-specific issue. 

You can download Firefox here.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cowboyy221
Opening Act

its back on again. maybe i reached the limit of music. its back.

0 Kudos

cowboyy221
Opening Act

i would try firefox but i dont like to use any other browser then chrome.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cowboyy221 Thanks for letting us know.

Sounds like you were able to get back to listening.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to post another message on this thread. 

Enjoy the tunes! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

cowboyy221 I was having an issue as well with buffering on my Chrome browser, I switched back to Microsoft Edge and Wala no issues mate. Also be sure your windows is up to date. I also had a prior issue because I was running an older windows program. Just a thought. Take care and be safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

cowboyy221
Opening Act

No problem. It may be a chrome glitch but i hope it can be resold because like i said i dont like other browsers. and thanks. 

yes hope it can be resolved.

0 Kudos

I would also like to add, since I switched back to Microsoft Edge browser, when I have my Pandora desktop app playing, when I click on community it connects to Pandora on the net. When it does my music no longer get's cut-out or skips. It will continue to play without pause. Because of that, I got rid of my Google Chrome. I myself liked Google Chrome as well. Just having too many issues with buffering, music skipping or just getting completely cut-off. Just thought other's who may be having the same kind of troubles will see what I had to do to fix my issue. Take care and stay safe all. 

P.S Also make sure your windows 10 is up to date. I had prior issues until I updated my windows. Now everything is running happy.

Moderator edit: format

MOHLovesAlaska

cowboyy221
Opening Act

follow up on what is happening. I have tryed Microsoft edge its does the same thing it wont buffer for a couple days and then i can play the music again untill it say they ran out of music try switch stations and the it happens all over again. from what it looks like is there may be a limit to how much you can skip and put on the shelf or thumbs down. but thats just what i think.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cowboyy221 What is the name of the station you're experiencing this error message with? (Error: No more songs, please try switching stations)

• Where are you listening (home, work, or on the go)?
  • Is this happening on all your stations or just one?

Let me know.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

cowboyy221
Opening Act

as soon as I get the message yes every station is like its blocked from buffing and i can see the songs names trying to play but it goes to the next song and the next song.  the album cover dont show though. just the spining disc icon. im listening at home

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cowboyy221 I had User Support make a small change to your Pandora account that may be causing this issue. 

Could you try listening again, and let me know if the issue persists?

Thanks so much for your patience during this process! 🎧

0 Kudos

cowboyy221
Opening Act

its back up what did you do?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cowboyy221 Awesome! 

So glad to hear it.  There was a setting on our end that needed to be adjusted. Sounds like you're all set now.

Happy listening 🎶

0 Kudos

cowboyy221
Opening Act

well shoot its back too buffing again. very frustrating not only for me but you too. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sorry for the continued trouble with this @cowboyy221. I've gonna ahead and noted your latest experience and passed your info along to our engineers so they can investigate. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cowboyy221
Opening Act

i guess ill just leave it alone for a while because it keeps locking up again now i cant get to community page on pandora site its says this page isnt working. now i have to go to google and type out pandora community.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cowboyy221 Could you clarify? Is the Pandora website locking up for you? Or the community? You should be able to access the Pandora Community using this link: https://community.pandora.com/

Let me know.

0 Kudos

cowboyy221
Opening Act

its when i hit the pink button on the top with the big letter i scroll down to settings and community and the link dont work there but it works only if i look it up. Yes pandora is still buffing and skiping on and on. its works on other accounts but i love this one but maybe i have no choise right now.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cowboyy221 Thank you for the update. I've shared all of the helpful information you've provided with our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this issue. 

0 Kudos