cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Adjust Now Playing Screen

eddiewho
Local Performer

Is there a way to change the way the Now Playing Screen looks? There is so much wasted space. The song title scrolls across a tiny area and there is rarely enough room to show the artist name and album title. Why? It's really annoying for no reason. Plaster the page with advertisements, I don't care. But please - I just want to see the full song title, artist name, and album name.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @eddiewho👋

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to adjust the Now Playing screen from the web or the desktop app.

However, if you'd like to have the ability to change it, I would recommend creating a new idea here.

You can upvote ideas by clicking on the 💙 icon next to the title of an idea. 

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎹

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @eddiewho👋

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to adjust the Now Playing screen from the web or the desktop app.

However, if you'd like to have the ability to change it, I would recommend creating a new idea here.

You can upvote ideas by clicking on the 💙 icon next to the title of an idea. 

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎹

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

kylejester
Local Performer

I fixed this with a userscript in the Tampermonkey chrome extension.

1.  Get Tampermonkey
2.  Click the extension and "Create a new script"
3.  Paste the following into the new script file:

// ==UserScript==
// @Name         Pandora now Playing
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  try to take over the world!
// @author       You
// @match        https://www.pandora.com/station/play/210184843936399976
// @Icon         https://www.google.com/s2/favicons?sz=64&domain=pandora.com
// @Grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';
    function addGlobalStyle(css) {
        var head, style;
        head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
        if (!head) { return; }
        style = document.createElement('style');
        style.type = 'text/css';
        style.innerHTML = css;
        head.appendChild(style);
    }
    addGlobalStyle( '.NowPlaying__centerWrapper, .nowPlayingTopInfo, .nowPlayingTopInfo__coverGroup, .nowPlayingTopInfo__current__inner, .nowPlayingTopInfo__current { max-width: 100% !important; width: 100% !important; }' );
    addGlobalStyle( '.nowPlayingTopInfo__current__trackName, .nowPlayingTopInfo__current__row2 { line-height: 130% !important; font-size: 1 !important; font-size: 250% !important; overflow: visible !important; max-width: 100% !important; width: 100% !important; }' );
    addGlobalStyle( '.nowPlayingTopInfo__current__albumName, .NowPlayingTopInfo__current__artistName { line-height: 130% !important; font-size: 1 !important; font-size: 100% !important; overflow: visible !important; max-width: 80% !important; width: 80% !important; }' );
    addGlobalStyle( '.nowPlayingTopInfo__coverGroup { margin-bottom:20% !important; }' );
})();

4.  On line 7 of this code snippet change the URL to your station URL, and add a @match entry for any other stations you want to add (this is the annoying part).
5.  Save the userscript file and open/refresh Pandora.

All this does is make the song title, band, and album text larger and less cramped.  I'm not a coder, there's probably a more streamlined way, but this worked for me to not have to walk across the room to see what's playing despite having an enormous screen.  It really is a waste of space and the text info we want to see is literally smaller than the menu options.  Come on Pandora, give us a Now Playing screen that actually tells us WHAT'S PLAYING.  Sheesh.

0 Kudos