cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome: Buffering When Listening to Stations

daleslad
On the Rise

I tried to listen to a dozen radio stations today and got the same problem, buffering.   While on the desktop and would start a station and almost immediately it would begin buffering.   I watched it for a while and noticed the play button which had been greyed out would now show up.   If I clicked on it to play the song,   it would begin to play for a short time then switch to the next song and begin buffering again.   It would never automatically start playing so you just couldn't leave it and expect it to continue playing.    I tried the suggestion you have to shut down the computer and router and it successfully played one song and then began buffering again on the next one.   I have a good solid wifi connection and I use Chrome.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

@daleslad Thanks for getting back to me.

Sounds like this issue is related to Chrome, since you're able to stream from your Safari browser. I'll share this feedback with our engineering team as well on your behalf.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @daleslad. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing buffering.

I enabled a trace on your Pandora account to see what's happening. Could you try running through the troubleshooting steps for Chrome? You can find them here: Chrome Troubleshooting

Also, have you tried using a different browser to see if your experience is different?

Let me know. 🎧

daleslad
On the Rise

Hi Alyssa, yes I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps you recommended but nothing I did changed anything.    I have switched to Safari and it appears to be working just fine so I guess Chrome is a non starter when it comes to Pandora.

AlyssaPandora

@daleslad Thanks for getting back to me.

Sounds like this issue is related to Chrome, since you're able to stream from your Safari browser. I'll share this feedback with our engineering team as well on your behalf.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

daleslad
On the Rise

Thanks Alyssa