cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Unable to Add Songs to Playlist

ktorster
On the Rise

Suddenly I cannot add songs from inside a playlist on the desktop app or webpage.

I have to go out and do a normal search and add that way. An extra step or two where it used to be so easy to add from inside.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
58 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @ktorster. 👋

Sorry to hear that is happening.

Are you using a Windows or Mac?

++

If possible, could you send over a screenshot of exactly what you see when you attempt to add a song to a playlist? 📸

If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.

If you have a Mac:

• Hold down the Shift key and the Command key (which may have an Apple logo and/or a 'four-leaf clover' type symbol). Then, while still holding down these keys, press the 3 key. This will save the screenshot as a file on your desktop. If you hit the 4 key instead, it will give you a target allowing you to drag a box around only the item that you want to take a screenshot of.

Thanks so much for your help with this! 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 10.01.03 AM.png

Normally it would say "Add to playlist" where the circle is. If I click there anyways, nothing happens. I have to go back to the main search to add another song.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for the screenshot, @ktorster

I tried adding the same song to my own playlist and had trouble. 

Just to be clear does this only happen with Metallica for you? Or is it any song?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise

No it's any and every song, that was just an example.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for reporting this, @ktorster.

I passed along this information to our engineering team and they are investigating it. Other listeners have mentioned similar issues. If you notice anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know by tagging me in your post (@AlyssaPandora).

Your patience is appreciated while they work on a fix!

0 Kudos

michael_stagner
Local Performer

Anyone else having trouble adding songs to play lists?

I can add "recommended" songs, but can't add songs that I search for...

0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise

@michael_stagner I noticed it doesn't work inside playlists but from the main search it still works for me.

I made a post about this the other day. It's a known issue.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @michael_stagner. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as @ktorster was having trouble with this as well.

Feel free to check out my post about this issue here.

Appreciate your patience while we work on this! 

0 Kudos

IB
Local Performer

We have Pandora Premium where we create playlists.  This past week it is not allowing me to select any songs to add to a playlist, new or existing, in the playlist screen.  I have to do a main search outside of my created playlist in order to add a song.  Why is this happening and what can be done to fix it? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@IB Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing?

Thanks for your help with this!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

IB
Local Performer

A Windows computer, Pandora website using Chrome browser.  Also tried using Microsoft Edge.   I have done this process for a year or more and never had this problem.  As you can see below it does not allow you to add a song to playlist.   There is no option any longer at the far right nor are you able to click on the song to add it. 

Pandora Playlist.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@IB I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

I checked in with our engineers, and they have confirmed that they are aware of this issue and are working on it.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise
Any word on this issue?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Our team is still working on this, @ktorster

Hopefully a fix will be released soon. In the meantime, they are definitely aware of this problem and I have reported all feedback on this thread to our engineering team.

Appreciate your patience during this process!

0 Kudos

ktorster
On the Rise
Looks like this is working again!

AlyssaPandora

Awesome! So glad to hear it, @ktorster

Happy listening 🎶

0 Kudos

LuisMendoza
Underground

Can't add song to my playlist. Every time I try to add a song, my playlists don't show up. Using windows 10, desktop and edge. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LuisMendoza I moved your post to the Desktop space to keep the Community organized.

To clarify, are you unable to add songs to your existing playlists when using both the Windows 10 Desktop App and Edge?

Let me know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if it resolves the issue you are experiencing when using Edge: Edge Troubleshooting

If this does not resolve the issue, can you please send me a screenshot/screen-recoding of what you are seeing when you attempt to add songs to a playlist?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

LuisMendoza
Underground

Okay, here is a video.  Every time I try to add a song only "New Playlist" shows up.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.