cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: "Something has gone wrong" Error with Premium Access

climberboy11
Local Performer

when i try to do a pandora premium session it says oops something went wrong try again later. it has been saying this for 3 days and i tried my other 2 accounts and it is saying the same thing what is wrong. is it just me or is other people too.

Screenshot 2021-10-14 9.38.10 AM.png

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
118 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @181. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. Thanks for following up with that information. I've gone ahead and reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

toddrund
Local Performer

Wondering if anyone knows why all of the sudden my Pandora acct. won't let me watch an ad to listen to CHOSEN music??? ( As it HAD, for a long time prior )

pop up Pandora.JPG

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @toddrund. 👋

Thanks for reporting this error message. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep everything organized: Web: "Oops! Something has gone wrong" Error with Premium Access

I have shared your issue with our engineering team. We appreciate your patience while they work on this. 🎧

0 Kudos

nadsspawn7977
Local Performer

nadsspawn7977_0-1643982291644.png

This occurs every time i try to start the 30 minute trial, after watching the video. is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@nadsspawn7977 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Web: "Oops! Something has gone wrong" Error with Premium Access

I have shared your feedback with our engineering team.

We appreciate your patience while they look into this. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

RK1
Underground

I'm getting the same message, and it's EXTREMELY IRRITATING.  I've never seen this message before, but now it's happening every, single time.  Can this be permanently fixed, or should I just subscribe to Spotify??

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @RK1. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message.

How are you listening when this happens?

Are you using a computer? MAC or Windows?

• If so, are you using the Pandora Desktop App?
  • A web browser? If so, which one?

If you're using a device, what is the make and model?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

0 Kudos

RK1
Underground
I am listening when this happens, and it happens constantly.

I am using an iMac home computer and the Pandora Desktop App.
0 Kudos

ernestsocher
Local Performer

artist only says ----oops ! sorry, try again later

0 Kudos

Local Performer

I am also getting these problems. I am not premium, so when I listen to a 15-second ad only to find, "Oops! something has gone wrong. Please try again later." it's very frusterating.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @ernestsocher. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

Which station / artist do you notice this error message with?

0 Kudos

RK1
Underground

I have encountered this same, maddening message.  But even when I contacted Pandora C.S. to help me solve the problem, they had no idea of what to do.  So then, out of pure desperation, I tried opening it in Google Chrome instead of Firefox, AND THE ALBUM PLAY FEATURE WORKED PERFECTLY!!  Please pass this info on to everyone you know.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

any time i want to listen to a song after the ad it say oops something went wrong try again later

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@84391 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Web: "Oops! Something has gone wrong" Error with Premium Access

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error you are seeing?

Additionally, how are you listening when this happens?

Are you using a computer? MAC or Windows?

• If so, are you using the Pandora Desktop App?
  • A web browser? If so, which one?

If you're using a device, what is the make and model?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Local Performer

ok thank you let me take a screenshot Screenshot 2022-02-12 3.03.06 PM.png

0 Kudos

Lenny417
Local Performer

I use Pandora on my laptop so I have to use Pandora Premium sessions. Sometimes when I try to get a session, its says, "oops, Something went wrong." I try to restart the app, log out and then log back in, and sometimes restart my whole laptop. Even when I try that, it still doesn't work. It takes about a day to work sometimes 1 and a 1/2 day. Please help me out. It's becoming more often. When I started to use Pandora, it never did this until about last week for me. Please and Thank You.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @84391 @Lenny417. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble. It sounds like you may have an ad-blocker on your computer which can impact your ability to initiate Premium Access. 

You can find steps on how to add Pandora to the allowlist in your ad blocker on our help page.

Additionally, some anti-virus software like Kaspersky can have anti-banner settings enabled that behave similarly to ad blockers. If you're using Kaspersky software, identify the version you have installed and follow their instructions on how to disable that feature: 

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

reedacademy
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. We just bought the plus subscription for pandora and it keeps telling me oops even after watching the adds for any songs. 

we are using this on the website for windows 

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

RK1
Underground
I figured it out myself, because Pandora is TOTALLY CLUELESS!!

All I had to do was simply open it in Google Chrome instead of Firefox, and… VOILA!!! It instantly fixed the problem!!!

That said, I hate Google’s way of constantly spying and selling our personal data, so I only use it for using Pandora.

Hope this may help,

R.K.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @RK1 @reedacademy. 👋

Please check out my post about this error message here.

This is likely related to an ad-blocker or anti-banner software. In the meantime, I've shared all of the feedback on this thread with our engineering team. 🎧

0 Kudos