cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Doesn't Advance to Next Song Automatically

The2dCour
Local Performer

I have to switch back to the pandora tab every time I want the station to advance to the next song. This only happens in my browser/computer.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@The2dCour Thanks for sharing your experience with the Community.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Gschlemlein
Underground

I'm using windows and Pandora is stuck and won't play. 

Help, please.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Gschlemlein. 👋

Are you using a web browser when this issue occurs? If so, which one?

Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows?

Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Gschlemlein
Underground

Using Google. It has always worked in the past.

No message pops up, rather it just won’t play. I’ve attached a screenshot of what the Pandora web site looks like. It does nothing when I push the play button. I’m on the Stick Figures channel.

Thanks, Garth

mod edit: removed personal info

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those details, @Gschlemlein

I would recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if it helps resolve your issue: Chrome Troubleshooting

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

LuluMM
Local Performer

I have the same issue. I'm using a desktop version, Windows, and Edge is the browser. Would the Chrome troubleshooting guide work for Edge?

This only started being an issue for the last 2 or 3 days. It was not an issue before.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @LuluMM. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience. Sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this.

You can find the standard troubleshooting steps here: Edge Troubleshooting

I've also included them below for you and anyone else who runs into this issue on Edge.

++

To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox:

• To install Chrome, go here.
  • To install Firefox, go here.

If you prefer to use Edge and re-opening your browser hasn't helped, try these steps:

1. Clear your browser's history, cache and cookies.
    • Click on the three dots in the top right (located on the browser toolbar).
    • Select Settings
    • Select Choose what to clear under the Clear browsing data title.
    • Check the boxes for Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data and Cashed data and files.
    • Click Clear.
  2. Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.
  3. If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

Once you've completed this, restart your computer and then try loading pandora.com again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

4joy
Local Performer

I have the same problem with Pandora not advancing to the next song.  Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. This happens in both Firefox and Chrome browsers. Other people said it happens in Edge also. Seems like the problem is with Pandora, not the browsers. Can Pandora trouble shoot this on their end?

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @4joy 👋

Thanks for your first post and welcome to the Community.

I'm not able to troubleshoot on my end, but I did enable a trace on your account so that we can take a closer look at what's going on.

For this trace to be helpful and to see if this will potentially help with advancing to the next song, please run the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser listed below:

Hope this helps, let us know if you're still having issues. 🎄

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Cynthia2
Local Performer

This is happening on my smart tv

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cynthia2 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Are you also experiencing issues with Pandora not automatically advancing to the next song?

If so, please reply back with the following:

1. What is the make and model of your Smart TV?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

daynaowhite
Local Performer

I am having the same issue as the person above.  I am on a PC, using Chrome.  There is no error message.  I have to manually advance to the next song.  I have refreshed and logged out/in.  Paid subscriber.

daynaowhite_0-1700081977145.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@daynaowhite I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know if you continue to experience issues with this after completing the steps linked above.

0 Kudos