cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Desktop: Download Windows App not from Windows Store

LoJo
Local Performer

I want the Pandora app on my Windows 10 PC. My workplace blocks my access to acquiring any apps from the Windows store. Where can I get the app other than the Windows store?  

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @LoJo thanks for posting to community! ๐ŸŽง

Unfortunately, the desktop app for Windows 10 is currently only available through the Windows Store. If you'd like to request additional download options for the desktop app, I would recommend visiting and posting to our Feature Request forum. You can also view other requests from listeners and like โค๏ธthose features you'd like to see. 

Thanks for being part of community! Hope to see you around more. ๐ŸŽถ

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @LoJo thanks for posting to community! ๐ŸŽง

Unfortunately, the desktop app for Windows 10 is currently only available through the Windows Store. If you'd like to request additional download options for the desktop app, I would recommend visiting and posting to our Feature Request forum. You can also view other requests from listeners and like โค๏ธthose features you'd like to see. 

Thanks for being part of community! Hope to see you around more. ๐ŸŽถ

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

bcocheran
Underground

It says "Not Available" when I try to download from Windows 10. Anyone else having this issue?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @bcocheran. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Installing the Pandora Desktop App for Windows:

• You can find the Pandora app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click Get to install.
  • Downloading any app from the Windows Store will require that you have a Microsoft account and password. The email address and password for your Microsoft account may be different than those on your Pandora account.
  • Note: At minimum, you'll need Windows 10 to use this app, but we recommend updating your system to the latest Windows version available to you. You can find more information on how to do this here.

++

Could you send over a ๐Ÿ“ธ screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when you attempt to install the desktop app?

If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.

You can share the screenshot in your next post on this thread. 

Thanks so much for your help with this! ๐ŸŽง

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

bcocheran
Underground

bcocheran_0-1591882888978.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bcocheran Thanks so much for sharing that screenshot. 

I think this article may be helpful as this issue is happening in the Windows Store.

Let's also check the region settings. You can find out how to do that by viewing this page. You'll want to make sure that your set to the United States, if it's set to anything else, you won't be able to download the app.

++

If you still have trouble, let's run the troubleshooter for Windows Store apps:

• Select the Start button
  • Then, select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Let me know how it goes.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

bggann
Local Performer

Well that's great customer service.  Tie yourself to the most outdated system.  May make me ditch pandora which is a shame, I'm a premium customer.  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @bggann. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Nice to see you around the community space.

We do have an existing feature request that you may be interested in here: Non-Windows Store Windows Desktop App

• To upvote any suggestions / requests, click on the ๐Ÿ’™icon next to the title of the existing request.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

If you're having trouble listening to Pandora using the desktop app, feel free to let us know. We're always happy to help. Thanks for posting on the Pandora Community! ๐ŸŽง

0 Kudos

Audulator
Underground

@AlyssaPandoraHas Pandora actually ever implemented any of the community posted ideas? Please provide a list and the dates they were made available to the public for proof. Otherwise, please don't respond, it just makes me sad and angry.

0 Kudos

richallcorn
Local Performer

Since Pandora is unwilling to help, I'd say find a "Pirate source" to get it.
THANKS ALOT PANDORA.

Maybe we need to move to Spotify.

0 Kudos

Local Performer

i dont have windows store. i got rid of windows store. i dont have it anymore

mod edit: merged comments + format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @1819. ๐Ÿ‘‹

At this time, the Pandora Desktop app is available via the App Store on MAC computers or the Windows Store on Windows machines. In the meantime, you can stream through your web browser to listen to Pandora. 

If you'd like to see another download option available, please upvote this existing idea: Ideas: Non-Windows Store Windows Desktop App

To upvote ideas, click on the ๐Ÿ’™ icon next to the title of the suggestion. For more information about how ideas work on the Pandora Community, check out our: Ideas & Feedback Policy FAQ

Hope to see you around the community space more often! ๐ŸŽง

0 Kudos