cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge: Pandora Won't Load / Play Music

Steve_E
Local Performer

I have the exact same problem using Microsoft Edge so I pulled Google Chrome and Pandora came up and started playing music! 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Steve_E. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble playing Pandora from your Microsoft Edge browser. Since you're able to listen from Chrome, it sounds like this issue is browser-specific.

A lot of times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to pandora.com can help.

If you prefer to use Edge and re-opening your browser hasn't helped, try these steps:

1. Clear your browser's history, cache and cookies.
    • Click on the three dots in the top right (located on the browser toolbar).
    • Select Settings
    • Select Choose what to clear under the Clear browsing data title.
    • Check the boxes for Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data and Cashed data and files.
    • Click Clear.
  2. Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.
  3. If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

Once you've completed this, restart your computer and then try loading pandora.com again.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Steve_E. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble playing Pandora from your Microsoft Edge browser. Since you're able to listen from Chrome, it sounds like this issue is browser-specific.

A lot of times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to pandora.com can help.

If you prefer to use Edge and re-opening your browser hasn't helped, try these steps:

• Select Settings
    • Check the boxes for Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data and Cashed data and files.
    • Click Clear.
  2. Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.
  3. If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

Once you've completed this, restart your computer and then try loading pandora.com again.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

mjlap61
Local Performer

I've tried the above steps many times but it doesn't work. Does anyone have any other recommendations? I want to continue using Edge, I'm not switching browsers.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @mjlap61. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble streaming from your Edge browser.

Could you share a few more details about what you're experiencing?

• Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • What happens when you attempt to play music, or click on the play button?

Network Troubleshooting:

If you haven't already, you can try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

mjlap61
Local Performer
Thanks for the reply. Technical support let me know that it's a known issue and that the engineers are working on it.
I've had this issue for a long time, so hopefully they'll hire a few more smart people to get a fix for the issue, as I don't consider
it a minor issue that Pandora doesn't work properly on the Edge browser, specifically, it plays only one song, then quits playing!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mjlap61 Thanks for letting me know. I now see that you are in touch with a member of our User Support team via email. This agent was able to add your info to an internal ticket we have open for this issue. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

boot2952
Local Performer

microsoft edge.  no error message.  screen is stuck on last song it played.  I see other songs come up but will not play.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @boot2952. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

I would recommend running through these steps to see if it helps resolve your issue: Edge Troubleshooting

Trying a different web browser will also help us determine whether this is browser related.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

dmangeline
Local Performer

I am using my desktop web browser (Edge). I wouldn't listen. No error msg

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dmangeline. 👋

Sounds like you're having trouble while using your Microsoft Edge browser. I would recommend trying out these steps:

• Select Settings
    • Click Clear.

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Logwhisperer
Local Performer

Something happened the day after adding Bonnie Raitt to my collection. I click on one(any) of my stations and it just spins and never loads. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Logwhisperer I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos