cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Hide when minimized

jshorts1
Local Performer

I don't change songs or play with the settings that much, I just want Pandora running in the background without having to think about it.  In the old Pandora app for Windows, when you minimized the app the Pandora tab on the bottom left area of the taskbar would disappear but it would still play songs and run in the background.  Windows would kept the tiny Pandora logo in the notification area on the taskbar (on the bottom right), but there was no bulky Pandora tab and the Pandora app kept running in the background.

With the current app it has to remain open and take up room on the taskbar.  Is there a way to let Pandora run in the background when minimized and NOT have the Pandora tab open?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jshorts1 While this isn't currently a feature, I recommend creating a new suggestion in our Ideas board here.

We do have an existing feature request for a Compact Player Option (feel free to upvote that thread if you feel this falls in line with what you are looking for).

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jshorts1 While this isn't currently a feature, I recommend creating a new suggestion in our Ideas board here.

We do have an existing feature request for a Compact Player Option (feel free to upvote that thread if you feel this falls in line with what you are looking for).

Hope this helps!

jshorts1
Local Performer

I figured it out....  Amazon Music has a "Close button should minimize to the tray" option.  Problem solved.

0 Kudos

brantcy
Local Performer

How the hell is this not an option in 2023??

0 Kudos