cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC: Stops Playing on Desktop App

jstarbuck101
Local Performer

When run the desktop app on my mac running Mojave and click the play button it looks as tho it is working but after a few seconds the pause symbol goes back to the play button and nothing actually starts playing. I can use pandora.com via chrome to list to music but as a premium member I like to be able to move songs around in the app for my playlists etc. This issue only recently started a couple of days ago. I have followed your troubleshooting guide for Mac and uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app and the same thing continues to happen. So as a work around I can still change playlists around on the app for my Ipad and Iphone but still would like the App working on the desktop.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @danielkuhn. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. Sounds like you've tried uninstalling / reinstalling using these steps: Troubleshooting for Pandora Desktop App for MAC Computers

Have you tried resetting the app data too?

If not, you can reset data for the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

++

If you continue to have trouble, could you share more details about your experience?

• I do see that you've enabled a couple of sessions of Premium recently. Does this happen while you're in a complimentary Premium session when you're listening to on-demand content?
  • Or, does this happen when you're listening to your normal stations or a podcast?
  • Have any error messages popped up?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jstarbuck101 thanks for posting to community! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the desktop app. 😞

I've gathered some of your account info and passed this along to our engineers for further investigation. 🔎

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime. ❤️

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

danielkuhn
Local Performer

So what's the recommendation?  I have the same issue.  I've deleted and reinstalled it on my Mac desktop to no avail.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @danielkuhn. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. Sounds like you've tried uninstalling / reinstalling using these steps: Troubleshooting for Pandora Desktop App for MAC Computers

Have you tried resetting the app data too?

If not, you can reset data for the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

++

If you continue to have trouble, could you share more details about your experience?

• I do see that you've enabled a couple of sessions of Premium recently. Does this happen while you're in a complimentary Premium session when you're listening to on-demand content?
  • Or, does this happen when you're listening to your normal stations or a podcast?
  • Have any error messages popped up?

Let me know. 🎧

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

danielkuhn
Local Performer

Pandora app continues not to load.  I can play from the website but not the app.

The problem happens as soon as I click on the app.  A blank blue screen appears and then nothing.  Sometimes "Pandora" appears briefly in the screen and then disappears but nothing else appears.  I don't get to the complimentary session, much less a premium session.

It happens when I'm listening to my normal stations.  I've played them for months and years with no problem until maybe 10 days ago.  

No messages appear or pop up.

I totally uninstalled Adobe Flash Player, FWIW.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Kuhn 05/16/2021

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @danielkuhn. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. 

Have you tried resetting the app data as well?

You can reset data for the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

++

If you continue to have trouble, I can report this over to our engineering team for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  3. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora);
  4. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac);

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

danielkuhn
Local Performer

1. My device is a Imac desktop purchased January, 2021 new from Apple store.

2. I use Wi-Fi

3.  The Pandora version is 15.0.3

4. The Mac version is Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2020 purchased Jan 2021.  

5. The software is macOS Big Sur Version 11.3.1

Thanks so far.  Looking forward to playing via the Pandora app once again.  FYI, the other day I deleted the Pandora app and reinstalled it.  At first it didn't work, but then later on it did work and then yesterday it once again came up with a blank blue screen.  No apparent rhyme nor reason.

Dan Kuhn

mod edit: removed personal info

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@danielkuhn Thanks so much for providing those details. I can report this to our engineering team on your behalf.

In the meantime, I do see that you mentioned complimentary Premium sessions.

Just to clarify, does this issue only occur when you attempt to initiate a session?

Or, does happens when you launch the app in general - meaning you cannot listen at all from your Pandora Desktop app? 

Thanks again! 🎧

0 Kudos

danielkuhn
Local Performer

cannot listen at all from your Pandora Desktop app.

Dan K

0 Kudos