cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Stops When Listening to Albums + Playlists

ChipStewart
Underground

I have a similar problem, but don't even get to hear one song.  When I click on a station, I have no problems, but when I click on an album, I have to watch a video, then the album shows as playing, the slider moves in real-time, but there is no audio.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
65 Replies

smgowing
Local Performer

It was doing it in Chrome so I switched to Edge. I dumped the cookies and that seems to have resolved it.  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @smgowing. Sounds like you were able to get back to listening. Feel free to let me know if anything else pops up. 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

smsamek
Underground

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner.  I've eliminated my router and modem setup, here's why:  I have the ability to open a vpn link to my computer at work and operate it remotely.  Streaming Pandora from there (through the VPN) I have no issues BUT there is an occasional very noticable tiny hiccup in the stream that makes me think something like my local computer firewall is trying to block the link, but the vpn prevents it from doing so?  I'm still working through the Chrome and Firefox troubleshooting, but honestly, I have more trouble with those browsers at work, and Pandora always works like a charm there.  

I have NO error messages, I listen to stations and playlists, albums.  Anything that requires an autoplay feature for certain.  I did find some settings in Edge that seem to affect autoplay in tabs (the Pandora app uses Edge, yes?)  I tweaked those, but it still stopped outputting sound last night in the app (WHILE playing).  Only refresh or selecting another song gets it going again (maybe.)

I'm going to try turning off the firewall next and see what happens...

Ok, update -- I just realized that it only stops playing while I am listening to playlists and albums, aka the music is preselected.  If I play a station where Pandora picks the music for me on Discovery for example, it doesn't stop playing!  How strange!  I wonder what affects that.  More research definitely needed.  Turning off the firewall did not help, btw.  

mod edit: merged comments

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @smsamek.

I moved your post over to this existing thread as it's the same issue: Music Stops When Listening to Albums + Playlists

In the meantime, I have reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

37percent
Local Performer

Same problem. Windows with any browser. No fix. It's a Pandora problem.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @37percent. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue. Looks like you've already been in touch with a member of our User Support team via email for direct support. I would recommend running through the steps they sent over and following up via email. If the issue persists, they are able to report your issue to our engineering team. 

Thank you for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos