cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next song won't play on Chrome

wilderpa
Underground

I use Pandora Plus on my PC (running Windows 7) by logging in to my account on line. Was working OK until about 2 weeks ago when all of a sudden it stopped moving on to the next song when current song is over. Sometimes, on the screen, it appears as if the song is playing (little sound bars going up and down on the MyStation button, song info scrolling along under album photo, PAUSE button prominent), and other times it is just sitting there waiting with PLAY button prominent. Either way, nothing plays unless I click on the PAUSE or PLAY button, at which point the song starts playing, often mid-stream. I do not have this problem when I use Pandora on my iphone.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wilderpa Thanks for clarifying that info.

Please try out these steps for your Chrome web browser. 

Let me know if this helps!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

wilderpa
Underground

Alyssa, 

Thank you for the suggestions.  Turns out that a few weeks ago when I tried to make changes to stop FOX News videos from automatically playing, the PlugIn used also stopped Pandora from playing continuously.  Once I removed that PlugIn, Pandora started working again.

I would like to point out however that the link you sent me lists out-dated instructions.  For example, in Chrome>Settings>Advanced>Privacy and Security, there is not a Content settings button, but I found the PopUp info under the Site Settings button.  There also is no PlugIn button.

You may want to have someone rewrite those instructions.

Thank you again for your help.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wilderpa Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

I have seen a few similar mentions of this issue on the community recently.

• Could you tell me a bit more about how you're listening?
  • Which web browser are you using?
  • Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🖥

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

wilderpa
Underground

Using Google Chrome.  Not receiving any error messages.  Program opens correctly when I log in and first song starts to play, but nothing after that.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wilderpa Thanks for clarifying that info.

Please try out these steps for your Chrome web browser. 

Let me know if this helps!

0 Kudos

wilderpa
Underground

Alyssa, 

Thank you for the suggestions.  Turns out that a few weeks ago when I tried to make changes to stop FOX News videos from automatically playing, the PlugIn used also stopped Pandora from playing continuously.  Once I removed that PlugIn, Pandora started working again.

I would like to point out however that the link you sent me lists out-dated instructions.  For example, in Chrome>Settings>Advanced>Privacy and Security, there is not a Content settings button, but I found the PopUp info under the Site Settings button.  There also is no PlugIn button.

You may want to have someone rewrite those instructions.

Thank you again for your help.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wilderpa Thanks for your feedback regarding those steps!

I'll be sure to pass this info along to the appropriate party for further review.

Sounds like you're back to listening without any issues. Enjoy the tunes 🎶

0 Kudos

trekman
Opening Act

Ive clicked on Everyone of the links here suggesting it will possibly solve the problem. Every link I go to there is NO answer there. 😞 I am having this problem too. I use Brave browser. When I start playing music it will play one song then stop. I have to restart/reload the page. OR I have to click the "next song" button to continue? 😞

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wilderpa Unfortunately, we don't support the Brave browser.

Please use one of our supported browsers for listening to Pandora, like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos