cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sound When Listening from Computer

Swingdancer42
Local Performer

2 days ago the sound stopped working on my Pandora Chrome desktop (laptop).  One minute the music was playing, the next minute the sound stopped but it looked like it was still playing.  It looks like it's playing because it shows me the song and shows it as playing, but there's no sound coming out.

I've already tried: 1) Clearing my brower history and restarting, 2) restarting my laptop, 3) I've played other music on my computer, to ensure it's not a sound issue on my computer, 4) I've played Pandora on my phone, to ensure it's not an account issue 5) sound is on/up in both my Pandora account and on my computer. 

Please help?  Thank you!! 

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Swingdancer42.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the sound on your web browser during your listening sessions.

You may find this help page article to be helpful.

++

In the meantime, here are a few things to check:

• Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.
  • Make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners.
  • If on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

++

If you're still having trouble, I would recommend trying out these steps for your Google Chrome web browser.

You can also try using a different browser to determine whether this issue is browser-related.

Let me know if this helps! 🖥

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

81 Replies

Swingdancer42
Local Performer

Update: I tried using a different browser (IE) and sound is coming out.  So I guess that means it's a Chrome issue (?). 

Please, still need help, because I'd prefer to use Chrome.  Thank you!!

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Swingdancer42.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the sound on your web browser during your listening sessions.

You may find this help page article to be helpful.

++

In the meantime, here are a few things to check:

• Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.
  • Make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners.
  • If on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

++

If you're still having trouble, I would recommend trying out these steps for your Google Chrome web browser.

You can also try using a different browser to determine whether this issue is browser-related.

Let me know if this helps! 🖥

View solution in original post

paulhgoff
Underground

I am not getting sound, both yesterday and today

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @paulhgoff  Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

paulhgoff
Underground

Is this a joke!?  I have replyed twice, hours ago.  This is my third communication.  Am I going to get help?

no sound, google chrome, windows 7, desk top, yesterday and today.  Please tell me how to correct by email

mod edit: personal information

workshelf
Local Performer

After several years of listening to Pandora on the same PC, two days i ago there was no sound. I can see pictures and lyrics and can browse, but no sound.How can this be corrected?  Troubleshooting page doesn't mnake sense or won't work because the information doesn't apply.

Moderator Edit: Removed personal info

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @workshelf👋

Thanks for reporting your issue.

• Aare you listening from Mac or Windows computer?
  • Our website, or the desktop app?
    • If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you.

dicksaar
Local Performer

No sound at all on Apple desktop. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @dicksaar. 👋

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Are you using a web browser on your computer? If so, which one?

Or are you using the Pandora Desktop app for MAC computers?

++

In the meantime, I would recommend checking out these steps to see if it helps with your sound issue.

Let me know.

AdamPandora

@paulhgoff I moved your post to the Desktop space to keep the community tidy.

If you are still having issues with sound, here are a few things to check:

Pandora has a separate volume control. Make sure it isn't all the way down, the volume control is located in the bottom right corner of the Pandora page.

If that's not it, make sure you are plugged into the main speaker outputs of your sound card. Sometimes there are two outputs. Pandora may only play from one of them on machines with some sound drivers. Updated drivers have fixed this for many listeners.

If on a Windows machine, make sure that the "Wave Balance" volume is set at least 50% on your advanced volume control window. This is accessible by double-clicking the speaker in the lower-right corner of your screen.

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

SueB10
Local Performer
This has happened for me, too. No sound in Pandora. I have a laptop. Am using Pandora through Chrome. I had sound yesterday in Pandora. No sound today. Volume is turned up in both Pandora and on my compter. Sound is working on my computer in other applications, but not Pandora. I also cannot turn off any songs. Although they are silent, the page shows they are playing. When I click on the play arrow to stop the song, nothing happens. I can go to my stations list and choose another station. The same thing happens in any Pandora station. No response to clicking on the play arrow. Automatic play of songs, but no sound. No response to click on play arrow to stop (silent) play of song. I have restarted my computer, checked all settings on computer, browser, and in Pandora. Problem is only in Pandora. No way to fix it!
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @SueB10. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the sound as well.

If you've already checked your sound settings on your computer, I would recommend running through these steps for your Chrome browser to see if this helps.

Let me know if you need further assistance. 🖥

BEAV
Local Performer

Despite checking volume control on Pandora, volume control on Chromebook, quitting and re-opening Pandora, and shutting down/restarting Chromebook, I am unable to get any volume. This has been happening since last week. Other music streaming services are working fine, with appropriate volume.

Any suggestions other than move to another music streaming service?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @BEAV. 👋

Sorry about the sound issues during your listening sessions.

• Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?
  • How are you accessing Pandora on your Chromebook device?
    • Are you using the app or a web browser?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

mhuey
Local Performer

I am unable to hear Pandora though it is playing music.  The sound is fine on all other apps.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @mhuey. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community organized.

Looks like you posted this in the Desktop section.

I would recommend checking out my post about the sound on Pandora here.

If you don't find this helpful, please let me know a bit more about how you're listening.

• Windows or MAC Computer?
  • Desktop App or web browser? 
  • If you're using a browser, which one?

Let me know if this helps with the trouble you're experiencing.

Tblakney
Local Performer

I am unable to play if my screen is not on and showing pandora. Shouldn't it still play?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Are you using a computer or a device? @Tblakney

Looks like you commented in another section about a similar issue. 

Feel free to respond on the post in the section that is most applicable to your issue.

charliem_417
Local Performer

a media update(Media10?) executed unknowingly(mistakenly) durin running. Media10 install hung on permissions. looped. Sound worked prior .Unable to get to account to rest.

mod edit: changing title for clarity