cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to edit a station

jdwarren
Local Performer

I would like to remove an artist from a station, but I can't figure out how to do so (I have Pandora Plus). Below is a screenshot of what I get when I click the ellipsis for a station in "my collection". Any help would be much appreciated.

jdwarren_0-1587585340689.png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

@jdwarren Sorry about that!

To edit your stations on the web:

1. Go to My Collection. (Pandora Premium account holders may want to filter their collection by Stations for an easier view.)
  2. Click on the title of the station you'd like to edit to go to its "backstage page."
  3. Click the ellipsis to the right of the play button to reveal an additional menu, and select Edit Station.
    • To add or remove variety (station seeds): Scroll down to the Station Created From section.
      To add variety, click + Add Variety, enter the artist or track you'd like to add, then click on the (+) sign to add that artist or song to your station. To remove variety, hover over the desired seed and select DeleteNote: you cannot add variety to Genre Stations.

• To view your thumbed tracks: Scroll down to the Thumb History section of the station's page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed-Up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbs Down, click on the Thumbs Down icon.

• To delete a Thumbed track: Roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu (or click the ellipsis if you are a Pandora Premium subscriber). As before, select Delete to remove that thumb from your station.

To delete stations on the web:

1. Click My Collection.
  2. Hover over the album art of the station you want to delete.
  3. Click the ellipsis (three dots), then select Remove from your collection.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 3.41.18 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @jdwarren. 👋

Looks like you're clicking on the ellipses from the My Collection page. 

• Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit from the My Collection page
  • Once the station launches, click on the ellipses to edit your station details

Here's a screenshot of what it should look like:

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 3.21.43 PM.png

Feel free to let me know if this is helpful! 🎧

0 Kudos

jdwarren
Local Performer

My screen doesn't look like that. Here's what I see.

jdwarren_0-1587587195669.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@jdwarren Sorry about that!

To edit your stations on the web:

1. Go to My Collection. (Pandora Premium account holders may want to filter their collection by Stations for an easier view.)
  2. Click on the title of the station you'd like to edit to go to its "backstage page."
  3. Click the ellipsis to the right of the play button to reveal an additional menu, and select Edit Station.
    • To add or remove variety (station seeds): Scroll down to the Station Created From section.
      To add variety, click + Add Variety, enter the artist or track you'd like to add, then click on the (+) sign to add that artist or song to your station. To remove variety, hover over the desired seed and select DeleteNote: you cannot add variety to Genre Stations.

• To view your thumbed tracks: Scroll down to the Thumb History section of the station's page. By default, this section will show your Thumbed-Up tracks first. If you'd like to see your Thumbs Down, click on the Thumbs Down icon.

• To delete a Thumbed track: Roll your cursor over the name of the track to reveal a hidden menu (or click the ellipsis if you are a Pandora Premium subscriber). As before, select Delete to remove that thumb from your station.

To delete stations on the web:

1. Click My Collection.
  2. Hover over the album art of the station you want to delete.
  3. Click the ellipsis (three dots), then select Remove from your collection.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 3.41.18 PM.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

miakoda2
Local Performer

My "Edit Station" is greyed out and I can't edit... 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @miakoda2. 👋

What is the name of the station you're having trouble editing?

Is it a genre station?

Let me know so that I can take a look. 🎧

0 Kudos

lschafroth
Underground

HOw do you delete all thumbs history when the EDIT station is always greyed out? Why do you give suggestions that are no longer relevant? I have no way to delete all thumbs history so I can start over.

All I see is we have reported this to the engineers and it's been a year and still no way to clean your profile and start over. Time to cancel my family subscription and move on.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @lschafroth. 👋

At this time, bulk deleting thumb feedback isn't a feature. Another community member created a feature suggestion that you can upvote by clicking on the 💙next to the title of the idea here: Bulk Add / Edit / Delete Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs) 

The only stations you won't be able to edit the station name or add variety to would be Genre stations. However, you can edit other stations including your thumb feedback.

For stations based on artists or song seeds, you can edit:

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 8.43.46 AM.png

Could you share more about which station you're having trouble with editing?

What is the name of the station?

Let me know so that I can take a look for you. 🎧

0 Kudos

lschafroth
Underground

Every station I had appears to be a genre now so I cannot edit ANY stations I need to clean up my history of thumbs.  Since I have already deleted any custom ones I have no way to remove 2200 thumbs history.  I was able to manually add the genre based stations and manually delete every thumb one at a time. Not having a bulk delete option is VERY frustrating.  If there is no way to truly delete all thumb history I may just cancel all my accounts and find something else for my music needs. Pandora has become very frustrating to use since it does not play music similar to the station.

0 Kudos

kaypea1111
Local Performer

I am also having an issue with this, I am not able to add variety to a station, even after following these steps

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @kaypea1111. 👋

Which station are you having trouble with? 

Let me know and I can take a look for you. 🎧

0 Kudos