cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Protection Security Flaw

aeboyd22
Local Performer

The Problem: On "Google Chrome" if you have a password saved and auto fill the login form you can still preview the password.

This becomes an issue in that you can EASILY figure out the password of anyone else's account by simply logging out and then back in with the saved password, and viewing the password prior to submitting.  I say anyone, because nobody thinks to secure their media accounts excessivly.  In short an unauthorized person can get your password and immediatly change it in the account settings page.

Why I find it to be a flaw in security.

Many persons make the same password for many different accounts.  Should someone's account information be compromised through one site many other sites and functions may be affected.

So What's the Fix?

Remove the preview button next to the password login, or auto send/auto clear the login boxes of information when interacting with any other artifact on screen.

If anyone can direct me to a place to submit a bug report or get in contact with a representative that would be amazing

Moderator Edit: Format

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aeboyd22 That's actually a setting you will need to manage within your Google account.

By default, Chrome offers to save your password. You can turn this option off or on at any time.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click Profile > Passwords.
  3. Turn Offer to save passwords off.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aeboyd22 That's actually a setting you will need to manage within your Google account.

By default, Chrome offers to save your password. You can turn this option off or on at any time.

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click Profile > Passwords.
  3. Turn Offer to save passwords off.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos