cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Pause / Play Restarts the Same Song from the Beginning

aceofthesky
Local Performer

Hi, 

I'm not sure if this is an individual issue, or global. On desktop Chrome browser, when I hit the "Play" button after pausing, it restarts the same song from the beginning.

Is there something I can do to so that the "Play" button continues playing where it left off?

Thanks

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aceofthesky Thanks for the update. It sounds like you're still having trouble with Chrome.

We've sent over an email so that we can run a diagnostic on your web browser. Please check your email inbox for this message soon. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @aceofthesky. 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Let's try these steps on your Chrome browser - you can find them here.

If possible, I would also recommend trying out a different web browser to see if this is browser related.

Feel free to keep me updated on how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

aceofthesky
Local Performer

Hello, 

Neither of the troubleshooting steps worked, with the exception of of course running it on different browser; however, Chrome is an ideal choice for browser and I would have liked to stick with running one. 

At any rate, please send an update to this thread on possible alternative solutions, if they come up. 

Thank you for support

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aceofthesky Thanks for the update. It sounds like you're still having trouble with Chrome.

We've sent over an email so that we can run a diagnostic on your web browser. Please check your email inbox for this message soon. 📬

0 Kudos

sickasadog
Local Performer

I am having the same problem.  It gets annoying when my kids keep asking me questions I pause, un-pause and I hear the same song 5 times!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sickasadog Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

sickasadog
Local Performer

I have the same problem on windows with chrome.  Funnily enough, it IS most annoying when the kids are asking me questions too. Co-workers also annoying.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @sickasadog.

Let's try these troubleshooting steps on your Chrome browser - you can find them here.

If possible, I would also recommend trying out a different web browser to see if this is browser related.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

nathanhuddlestu
Local Performer

I too have the same issue. I'm using a Dell Latitude laptop with Chrome and Pandora running on a web page.

When I pause a song and then hit play it simply starts the song over again. Ive re-started. cleared Cookies and browser data, and nothing helped. I followed the steps within the previous comments on this thread but still the issue is unresolved. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nathanhuddlestu Sorry to hear those steps didn't work.

Did you have a chance to try Mozilla Firefox? I understand switching browsers isn't an ideal solution, but this will help determine whether or not this issue is browser-specific.

Let me know if the same thing happens when using Firefox (or a browser other than Google Chrome).

0 Kudos

nathanhuddlestu
Local Performer
Thank you for the suggestion, regretfully Microsoft Edge does not work, I
do not have Firefox.

Cheers ~Nathan~
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nathanhuddlestu Can you also confirm if this is happening at home, at work, or both?

In the meantime, please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes! 

0 Kudos