cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Stops When Listening to Albums + Playlists

ChipStewart
Underground

I have a similar problem, but don't even get to hear one song.  When I click on a station, I have no problems, but when I click on an album, I have to watch a video, then the album shows as playing, the slider moves in real-time, but there is no audio.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
65 Replies

Lovewolfie
Diamond in the Rough

When I litsen to my playlists, it plays a split second of sound and goes silent. It says the song is playing and ik the sound works bc i was listening to my stations. why wont it let me listen to my playlists?

Listener001
Not applicable

You are not the only one with this issue I myself have this issue too. I can listen to radio stations and i can listen podcasts. I can use the features on radio stations like artist only and deep cuts. But when it comes to me unlocking a pandora premium session and listening to a song I want to listen too on demand. But I have the same problem it will play for a sec and then it goes silent. I was ignoring it and listening to podcast and stations  because, I was thinking maybe it was just me and my internet and my chromebook but now I see that you are having the same issue too. 

TannerPandora

Hi @ChipStewart!

What is the make and model of the device this is happening on? Does it play at all and then playback stops or there is no sound from the beginning?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ChipStewart
Underground

Windows 10 on a HP EliteBook 8740w, i7, using Chrome browser.  It actually plays for 1 second, then stops.

I just tried using MS Edge, and it plays fine. . . 

[edit] . . .until the next morning.  Now I get 1 second of the album again.

Just upgraded to Premium . . . . no difference.  Tried playing an album - 1 second of music.  Tried individual song - same.

It does, however, play fine on my cell phone.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @ChipStewart  thanks for following up with those details. 

I'm not able to replicate this on my end on my Chrome browser. I'm going to have to pass thing along to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Can you do me a favor and give me one example of an album or song you've been trying to play?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ChipStewart
Underground

The last three were:

King Crimson - Discipline

King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King

Eagles of Death Metal - Peace Love Death Metal

Wolfmother - Wolfmother

who
Underground

TannerPandora,

I started experiencing a similar problem a couple weeks ago. I've narrowed it down to this issue. Pandora loads auto Shuffle first thing and the sound is fine. When I switch to Pandora Stations I still have sound, but when I switch to any of my personal Playlists, the sound stops. If I go back to Stations, the sound returns. I have no issues at all when using Pandora on my cellphone. My IT guy says it's a Pandora issue and I have to agree. If you have an answer, I'd surely appreciate one.

Whomeverest

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @who. 👋

Thanks so much for providing those details. 

• How are you listening when this happens?
  • Are you using a MAC computer or Windows 10? Using a web browser or the desktop app?

Let me know.

++

@ChipStewart Thank you for sharing that info. We will be letting our engineering team know about your experience. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

ChipStewart
Underground

Windows 10 - doesn't work in various browsers.  Android works fine.

who
Underground

Hi @chip -- I'm listening on Win 10 with Chrome through a Bluetooth speaker.

0 Kudos

ChipStewart
Underground

But listening to an artist station, or an album?  I can listen to stations, just not albums.

0 Kudos

Lovewolfie
Diamond in the Rough

@Listener001 Yes but I don't know how to fix it

Listener001
Not applicable

i figure out something this morning when i went to listen to Ateez new album (a kpop group) if i let the buffering run without sound for a bit like for a minute or so then i drag the little dot that plays back the song to the beginning it will play i'm not sure if this may work for you though.

0 Kudos

whycrywolf
Underground

Back to square one.......     I'm still having the problem.    While you can't stream from only one device at a time.....     I'm NOW finding that my saved "stations" play FINE......      but my saved "Albums" do not !!!          I can switch to any saved station and its off and running (playing just fine)   but when I go back to try and play an album....   it quits.

This is unique to Pandora......        I'm giving consideration to switching another service as I like listening at home on my PC......       as well as on my cell (on my cell bluetooth to my car stereo)   and again there is no problem for me listening to anything when I stream from my cell....

There are lot of other providers so there are a lot of choices and decisions.

Just know you're NOT alone.....    and its something wrong with Pandora (NOT your PC).

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @whycrywolf. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread as other Premium subscribers have mentioned similar issues when playing albums: Playback stops when listening to album(s)

Could you share more about your computer and experience?

• From what you've noticed, does this happen with any album you select? Or, does this happen with specific albums?
  • Do any error messages appear when you attempt to play the album?
  • Are you using a Windows or MAC computer? 
  • Are you using the Pandora Desktop App?
  • Or, are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Let me know as I'd like to share this information with our engineering team. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

tct31
Local Performer

Just upgraded but there is a problem.  The songs do not auto play even though it is chosen and when I advance to the next song it only plays the first 2 beats.  

BTW, this problem is on my PC only.

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @tct31. 👋

Thanks for posting about this. Looks like you're a Premium subscriber. A few other listeners have mentioned having trouble with listening to on-demand content in this thread: Playback stops when listening to albums

Are you experiencing something similar? Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Does this happen with stations, albums, playlists, and individual tracks? 
  • Do any error messages appear when you attempt to play the album?
  • Are you using a Windows or MAC computer? 
  • Are you using the Pandora Desktop App?
  • Or, are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Lovewolfie @Listener001. 👋

Are you noticing any error messages? Do you receive a message about hitting your Premium session limit when this happens? 

I have another thread where listeners are mentioning similar issues here: Playback stops when listening to albums

Other listeners have mentioned playlists as well.

Let me know. 🎧

pnh69999
Underground

Mine TOO! About to cancel subscription! i fight with this everyday! Playlists and albums plays for 1 second of first song then stops. Using web based portal on chrome and tried on Edge too. Same problem. Most artist stations play no problem. I updated Chrome and Edge cleared cookies, allowed Pandora and all the other directives on the troubleshooting pages. NO LUCK WHATSOEVER!

0 Kudos