cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App / Web: Playlist Won't Play

andrea1046
Local Performer

I'm having a similar problem: radio stations play just fine but my playlists will only play one song, even though "autoplay" is set to "on" everywhere I can find it. I've tried all the usual (log out, restart browser, check settings, etc., etc.,). I'm running the Pandora desktop app on Windows 10. I get the same problem in both Chrome and Firefox. Can you help?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (4)
18 Replies

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @andrea1046! I moved your message from the iOS board on over to the Desktop board to help keep things organized.

I created a separate post to help others that may have a similar issue under: Playlist won't play on Windows Desktop App/Web

I took a peek at your account and was able to reproduce this on my side. I've started a ticket and informed our engineers of this error. They are currently taking steps to investigate. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pistolpd
Local Performer

I am also having the same issue!! Ive tried in Chrome and Shift. I cannot get my music to play or when it does, it plays one or two songs then freezes and gives me the error. 

I updated to Premium a few days ago. I pandora worked perfectly prior to updating. Since updating, I can barely get it to load. I push play on my playlists and nothing happens. I try clicking the song specifically to play and it does not work. Occasionally it will play, but it only goes through a song or two then freezes. It's not working. I have tried in multiple browsers and nothing changes. I cannot get my Pandora to play music or function without major freezing. Please help. I will not pay for a service I cannot use. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @pistolpd thanks for posting to community. I moved your message to another thread that I believe is similar to your issue since you mentioned it freezes in Chrome: Pandora stops playing on web

We believe the error has been resolved. Would you mind refreshing Chrome and trying again? 

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pistolpd
Local Performer

Recently upgraded to Pandora Plus. Created a couple playlists. My playlists will play one to two songs and then freeze. I keep getting error messages. No matter how many times I push play, it won't play. I've had Pandora log me out multiple times. I have had this problem on multiple browsers. Contacted Help before, was told it was fixed and it worked for an hour then the same issue happened again. I can only play one song on a playlist before it freezes. BUT my Stations work perfectly. This play issue occurs on Playlists ONLY. 

Please help. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pistolpd I ended up creating a separate thread for you as it sounds like you may running into a different issue.

Would it be possible to send us a screenshot of the error message that pops up when listening to your playlists?

Thanks for all your help with this.

0 Kudos

pistolpd
Local Performer

This did not solve my issue. I still have issues with Playlists freezing, but my Stations work perfectly. 

0 Kudos

pistolpd
Local Performer

Tried generating error message and I cannot get it to pop up. I cannot play my playlists at all. I push play and nothing happens. My station work fine. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pistolpd Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

gomezh9
Local Performer

Hi. I'm having the same issue this week. I just upgraded to premium too. I'm trying to listen on a MacBook Pro while I work. 

I will select an album or playlist that's suggested or searched and it plays one song, and then won't play any more. Not even replay the one song.

"Radio stations" and shuffle seem to work just fine. 

So frustrating since just upgraded to try to get rid of this problem.

Would love a solution. Thank you.

gomezh9

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gomezh9 I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

To clarify, does this only happen when listening to playlists?

Or does the music also stop when listening to your regular radio stations?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

gomezh9
Local Performer

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply.

I cleared my chrome browser history trying to help the situation, and also added Pandora.com to my pop-ups and redirects, as Pandora troubleshooting recommended.

It's beginning to only play one song on any search/playlist/shuffle and then stop. The play button doesn't work. I haven't noticed this issue on my iphone or appletv. Just my laptop this week.

Thanks,

gomezh9

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for your follow up, @gomezh9

I've shared your info with our engineering team. They are currently investigating this issue. 

Appreciate your patience while they work on this! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

g2man
Local Performer

If you reported to engineers almost a year ago, how come this problem still exists?  If I upgrade to Premium is it fixed there?

G2man

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@g2man Thanks for posting to the Community. 👋🏽

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening in your specific situation? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Halo23
Local Performer

Has this been resolved?  I have run into the same problem.   Stations work fine, but playlists and searches do no play on my laptop. (chrome and firefox).  On my phone pandora works just fine.

0 Kudos

Slowpulse
Local Performer

I created a playlist on Pandora, I have a premium account and though my stations will play on my desktop with no problem, my playlists won't play when I click on play. What is going on with this? It happens on both Firefox and Gab.

0 Kudos

Slowpulse
Local Performer

I came in this morning, as soon as I moved my mouse the computer came out of it's sleep mode and Pandora all of the sudden started playing one of my Playlist that it wouldn't play yesterday. Not sure if someone dug into my computer account and corrected the issue or if it just worked itself out but my playlists work on my desktop now. Weird but happy now.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Slowpulse. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. I'm sorry to hear that you were having trouble with your playlists. 

It sounds like the issue was able to work itself out. If you run into any additional trouble, please don't hesitate to let us know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos