cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App: Podcasts stop or skip unprompted

ByronJennings
Local Performer

I'm using the Windows 10 desktop player, and While I haven't had any problems with music, listening to podcasts has been a less enjoyable experience. The following issue occurred three or four times yesterday, but has been happening constantly today. It shouldn't have anything to do with my connection, as that is stable.

The issue I'm having is that every two or so podcasts that I listen to, the stream will end suddenly and either go back to the beginning, or jump to the next one in the series. Currently, I am trying to listen to 

Romeo & Juliet In Rwanda

The stream has restarted about 5 or 6 times by about 10-15 minutes in, and I tried going a few minutes ahead, but the stream suddenly stopped working, and the only way to  fix the issue was to jump to another stream, then return to the one I was listening to.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ByronJennings. 👋

Thanks so much for posting your experience on the community. I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps below.

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

++

If that doesn't correct the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app. Again, we'll keep track of your collection for you. To do that:

1. Close the Pandora app.
  2. Open a new Finder window.
  3. Click on Applications.
  4. Find the Pandora app and drag it to the Trash bin.
  5. Right click the Trash bin and select Empty Trash.

You can then use the following steps to reinstall the app:

• Install the Pandora desktop app from our website.
  • Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ByronJennings. 👋

Thanks so much for posting your experience on the community. I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps below.

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Select Help and then Reset App Data.

++

If that doesn't correct the issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app. Again, we'll keep track of your collection for you. To do that:

1. Close the Pandora app.
  2. Open a new Finder window.
  3. Click on Applications.
  4. Find the Pandora app and drag it to the Trash bin.
  5. Right click the Trash bin and select Empty Trash.

You can then use the following steps to reinstall the app:

• Install the Pandora desktop app from our website.
  • Open the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Paige6403
Local Performer

I listen to podcasts at work on my computer and i have the same issue where I will be listening to one episode and out of nowhere it skips to the next one. I pay for pandora premium and this is very frustrating. it happens like every 5 minutes.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Paige6403. 👋

I completely understand your frustration. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread in the Desktop space: Podcasts stop, repeat, or skip unprompted

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you using a MAC or Windows computer?
  • Desktop App or web browser? If you're using a browser, which one?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what does it say?
  • Does this happen with any podcast? Or, a specific podcast?

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

0 Kudos

MegaM00GLE
Local Performer

I am also experiencing this behavior when listening to podcasts. Specifically it seems to occur after an in-podcast ad runs. Once the ad completes it seems Pandora assumes the episode is over and skips to the next one. This means it usually skips to the next episode after playing roughly half of the previous one.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MegaM00GLE. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. If you haven't already, I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser or Pandora Desktop App to see if it helps. I also enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to escalate this to our engineering team.

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

++

If this issue persists, I'd like to report this:

• Are you using a MAC or Windows computer?
  • Desktop App or web browser? If you're using a browser, which one?
  • Could you provide an example of a podcast you experienced this issue with?

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos