cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Remote Stream Control

fab2003
Local Performer

Hello, 

Does Panodra have a way to control the desktop app remotely. I currently do this using Spotify by choosing what device I would like to stream from. For example I tell my iPhone app to stream through my iMac. I am searching for this because I use my desktop to feed an app called airfoil. Using my iPhone I can change the songs or the feed using my phone anywhere in the house. Can Pandora do the same ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

fab2003
Local Performer

Thank you for responding. I have initiated a feature request and liked all related topics. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@fab2003  great question. You can reach out to one these four, they are Pandora's moderators. They will be more than happy to assist you. I'm curious myself, now that you raised the ?. @ErickPandora , @AdamPandora , @TannerPandora , and @AlyssaPandora . Reach to one of them. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @fab2003 @MOHLovesAlaska. 👋

Unfortunately, controlling the desktop app remotely is not a current feature of Pandora. However, if you'd like to see this implemented with our app, feel free to create a feature request here. I'm sure other listeners would be interested in this option as well. You can also upvote existing ideas by leaving comments and clicking on the 💙icon next to the title of the feature suggestion to express your interest in that idea.

Thanks so much for being a part of the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

fab2003
Local Performer

Thank you for responding. I have initiated a feature request and liked all related topics. 

-__-__-__-
Local Performer

Exactly what I am looking for as well.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @-__-__-__-👋

Thanks for your feedback around this.

Another member of the community created this feature request that you may be interested in upvoting: Feature like Spotify Connect

• To upvote a feature suggestion, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request, and feel free to leave a comment.
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, please check out this helpful infographic: "How to requests become features?"

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

OGC
Local Performer

Previous Mac Apps that supported Pandora (Hermes) allowed for remote control thru Airfoil - the iPhone could show the track, song, skip fwd/back, pause - but Pandora actively prevents users from having this convenience anymore - what a shame - they remove features instead of just allowing others to provide the features we want.

0 Kudos