cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Desktop: Shuffle on Start

simonicus
Underground

I've been a Pandora user for 10+ years now.  I always have the shuffle on.  When I start Pandora is always starts with the Shuffle on.  It's been this way for 10 years now.  Suddenly it is not doing that anymore.   It's picking the most recent station that I added and is playing that.  So I have to change it to Shuffle on.  It's a minor annoyance but I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem?  Is there a configuration setting somewhere I don't know about?  I've tried in multiple browers and I'm getting the same result.  Any is help is appreciated.  Thanks, Simon

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @simonicus thanks for posting to community! We appreciate the feedback about shuffle on Pandora.

This is currently not a feature, however, I would recommend visiting our Feature Request board. You can click here to be taken to the current post about this.

Our Feature Request board is the best place to post new ideas or feedback on features you'd like to see on Pandora. Be sure to โค๏ธthe posts you like. 

Hope to see you around community more often! ๐ŸŽง

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

32 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @simonicus thanks for posting to community! We appreciate the feedback about shuffle on Pandora.

This is currently not a feature, however, I would recommend visiting our Feature Request board. You can click here to be taken to the current post about this.

Our Feature Request board is the best place to post new ideas or feedback on features you'd like to see on Pandora. Be sure to โค๏ธthe posts you like. 

Hope to see you around community more often! ๐ŸŽง

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

simonicus
Underground

Your answer makes no sense.   I am asking why, after 10 years of working one way, Pandora has suddenly started working differenly.  So your of answer of "This is currenly not a feature" makes no sense.  I think it's great that you are responded to my post but if you don't read the question being asked it is a waste of both your and my time. 

mackysorts
Underground
I agree!!! It makes no sense at all. Until now, I've also been starting Pandora with shuffle on. NOW it's a big waste of my time and highly inconvenient to always have to change it to shuffle on, and I shouldn't have to suggest it as a new feature since it was always a feature before. ๐Ÿ˜ž I'm not happy!.

wines01
Underground

I thought it was just me!  I do not understand why it suddenly went away.  (Mine started 12/2019)  Did you ever get resolution from tech support?

noahhath
Local Performer

I have the same issue. Suddenly my Pandora does not start anymore in my suffle mode but in my first station.

I found a little work around but it's but it's not the best solution and you need to write a batch file and is just tested in firefox:

I don't have the code now but it's 3 lines of code. This is what it is doing

1. Start Pandora

2. Click the Shuffle button. You will see the browser URL changes. Copy that URL.

3. Write a batch file to start pandor like that:

a. Start Pandora in Firefox

b. Wait for 45 Seconds (for the case there is some comercial played) 

c. Start Pandora again in Firefox with the URL copied aboive from the Shuffle mode

-> This will open a new pandora tab in Firefix, stops the music in the first tap automatically and then plays the suffled stations in the second tab.

I can provide the three line of code later for the batch file if anyone is interested. I don't have it with me right now.

0 Kudos

noahhath
Local Performer

On start Pandora in a web browser used be able to coninue to play in shuffle mode. 

Recently on starting pandora it falls back to one of my station. Therefore it is not possible anymore to start pandora in Shuffle mode. Can that be fixed?

Thank you

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @noahhath. ๐Ÿ‘‹

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community organized.

Please check out @TannerPandora's post above regarding the shuffle feature.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! ๐ŸŽง

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@simonicus @noahhath @wines01 @mackysorts Hey everyone - thanks for taking the time to report that something has changed with how your Pandora shuffle experience previously worked. I've forwarded your reports to our engineering team who will be investigating this. I will report back to you all when I hear an update from them. Again, thanks for your reports and patience.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

lindnet
Underground

I've gotten my web version to start in Shuffle mode again, but it is only shuffling the last station I added.  I can't get it to shuffle all of my stations.

lindnet
Underground

Actually, I just did some testing.....it will only shuffle inside whatever station is on. So it will not shuffle to another station.  I've tried Shuffle All and I've tried Custom.  It all works the same way.  I've been subscribed to Pandora for a couple of years and gave never had trouble with shuffle before.

ithinktfiam
Underground

Shuffle used to be easy to find and once you started shuffle it'd be shuffle the next time the app started. Now, it's hidden multiple clicks down from the play page and if I leave the browser while in shuffle, it's not still there the next time.

Fix that.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @ithinktfiam. ๐Ÿ‘‹

I completely understand where you're coming from.

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community organized.

Please check out @TannerPandora's post above regarding the shuffle feature.

See ya around the community! ๐ŸŽถ

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

ithinktfiam
Underground

I think what is probably meant is that Pandora broke the feature and either has no intention of fixing it or hasn't figure out how to fix it; but I agree the response was nonsense.

0 Kudos

coyodog
Local Performer

Thanks! Iโ€™ve recently started experiencing the same problem; hope it is remedied soon

coyodog
Local Performer

Iโ€™ve recently started experiencing the same problem; hope it is remedied soon

0 Kudos

fanattic1
Opening Act

I disagree with @tTannerPandora that this is a solution.  I am experiencing the same change in behavour.  My Pandora has always opened on the last station I was listening to whether it was an individual artist or shuffle.   This needs to be fixed and not a request for a new feature.

tgoneil
Local Performer

I found that it's working now! I sent an email into pandora-support a few weeks ago about this very issue and they said they were working on getting the feature restored. Now it's been fixed! At least for me, so I'm assuming for you too?  Greg

0 Kudos

simonicus
Underground

It's half fixed.  Sometimes Pandora forces me to login when I launch it and sometimes it just goes straight in with no login.  When I'm forced to login it doesn't remember shuffle and goes to the most current station.  When I go straight in it goes to shuffle.  This is a change from previous behaviour.   I'm finding that if I play Pandora thru ROKU and not my PC things work smoother.  Including the shuffle. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone! ๐Ÿ‘‹

We appreciate your helpful feedback regarding the shuffle on start feature. This feature was restored, and should be back to normal now. 

If you still have issues, please let us know.

0 Kudos