cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Shuffle on Start

simonicus
Underground

I've been a Pandora user for 10+ years now.  I always have the shuffle on.  When I start Pandora is always starts with the Shuffle on.  It's been this way for 10 years now.  Suddenly it is not doing that anymore.   It's picking the most recent station that I added and is playing that.  So I have to change it to Shuffle on.  It's a minor annoyance but I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem?  Is there a configuration setting somewhere I don't know about?  I've tried in multiple browers and I'm getting the same result.  Any is help is appreciated.  Thanks, Simon

Labels (3)
32 Replies

simonicus
Underground

What do you mean by "normal"?   Right now it looks like It's half fixed.  Sometimes Pandora forces me to login when I launch it and sometimes it just goes straight in with no login.  When I'm forced to login it doesn't remember shuffle and goes to the most current station.  When I go straight in it goes to shuffle.  Is that the new "normal"? It used to directly to shuffle when I logged in. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@simonicus This sounds like a new issue and our User Support team is interested hearing more about this from you.

They will be contacting you via email - please keep an eye out for their message! 

Jaed
Local Performer

This is quite frustrating.  I hate being limited to just one station--it's just too boring.  This is a major reason why I've stuck with Pandora and if it's not fixed I will have to consider my other options.  I don't want it to come to that.

0 Kudos

fanattic1
Opening Act

When I get this it tells me on the inital screen that something went wrong.

After I log in I am on the last station I added.  I can then switch back to shuffle.

Just wanted you to know that it is not an isolated case.

0 Kudos

fanattic1
Opening Act

@Jaed wrote:

This is quite frustrating.  I hate being limited to just one station--it's just too boring.  This is a major reason why I've stuck with Pandora and if it's not fixed I will have to consider my other options.  I don't want it to come to that.

What happens if you click on the edit button to the right of shuffle?

I had to select the blue circle for each artist to get them included in the shuffle mix.

0 Kudos

Jaed
Local Performer

That also happened to me and yes, I could get back to shuffle as you said.  But that does not work anymore. 

The Shuffle icon is loading again, but it doesn't work--a message appears stating something like it wasn't working and that they returned me to my previous channel.

You are not hearing your listeners.  You should not have removed this functionality!  Listening to one station is boring and the repetitions come quickly.  Please restore Shuffle All.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Jaed. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues. Rest assured, your voice has been heard.

I've escalated your case to our User Support team to determine what is happening.

Someone will reach out to you via email to offer further assistance. 

Thanks for your patience during this process! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

lih4817
Local Performer

So you deleted that feature. correct?   You wrote as if it was something that was never offered when, in fact, it's been available for many years.   In effect, you wiped out your credibility and are covering either a mistake or a reduction in service.   Not good for customer relations.   It also means you are not "radio" any longer.   You can fix this, or my account will be closed, and I doubt it will be just me. 

0 Kudos

Metzy
Underground

Hello Alyssa, I have been having same issue, and have uninstalled and re-installed the Sonos app on my computer.  My issue seems to be that the "shuffle" feature used from the Sonos app is only accessing Pandora-based songs from one "station", rather than all the stations i want it to shuffle.  Please help!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Metzy,. 👋

There is not currently a way to edit your Shuffle (or "QuickMix," on some older devices) directly from your Sonos device.

Listeners can edit their Shuffle from a mobile device or the Pandora website.

If you need help doing that, please let me know.

Keep in mind that if you edit your Shuffle or QuickMix from a computer or mobile phone, you may need to close and reopen Pandora on the original device in order to see your changes.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

as
Local Performer

Hello,

It is 2022 and I am having this issue with the Pandora Desktop App on Windows 10. On my phone or Chrome, Pandora will start up in the last selected mode, usually Shuffle. However, on the desktop app, it will start up on the last collected station I have listened to.

Please advise.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @as. 👋

Please check out @TannerPandora's post here regarding the shuffle feature.

At this time, we do not have the ability to change this. When you launch the Pandora Desktop App, it should play the last station you listened to. With the Pandora app on your mobile device, it sounds like you're not completely exiting the Pandora app, so it leaves where it left off. 

In the meantime, we do have a feature request that you may be interested in upvoting here: Default to Shuffle Stations

To upvote this idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title to express your interest in seeing this option implemented. 

Thanks so much for being a part of the Pandora Community! 

0 Kudos

sayday0304
Local Performer

IT IS 2023!!!  And i am still having this issue.  I pay for pandora premium for the longest and now my shuffle won't work.... it is still playing the last station added only.  i need variety, is this not going to be resolved?  What other music apps can be used on desktops

0 Kudos